All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 09-08-2006, 09:00 PM

peab1 is on a distinguished road
E61 and CR-47 in-car handsfree problems CARK-126

I've just installed the CR-47 handsfree holder for the E61 in my Mini and connected the antenna, replacing a previous holder (CARK-126) for smaller 6100 pop port Nokia. However, now when the E61 is firmly in the holder it charges but when making a call does not automatically turn the radio off and go through the car speaker system etc, so you can't talk to the other caller. But if I put my old Nokia into the CR-47 it works beautifully.

Could there be a problem with the setup of my E61 which is preventing connection?

What is "Active Diverts" and how do I switch them off if I need to?

There is also an indicator in the top righthand corner of the screen - a tray with an arrow pointing upwards. What does this mean, I can't find it in the manual?

I don't see how Nokia can sell this cradle for the E61 with a Pop-Port interface when it won't intereact with the handsfree functions except for charging.

Thanks guys!

Old 10-08-2006, 05:05 PM

bodstrup is on a distinguished road
Wirelessly posted (Nokia E61: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

I am a ittle confused by your post. Did you install the CR-47 AND a carkit or just the CR-47 ?

You need a carkit to get the functionality you are asking about.

The arrow pointing up from a basket is likely an indication that you have a SMS stuck in the outbox. That can happen if the message for some reason is invalid or the network refuses to send it.

Active diverts are configurations that divert an incomming call to your voice mail or another number. It is normal to divert if the phone is unreachable by the network (Off or in an area with no signal). you can change this behaviour in the settings app.

Regards, Michael
(From my E61)

Regards, Michael

Last edited by bodstrup; 10-08-2006 at 05:11 PM.

Old 10-08-2006, 07:28 PM

peab1 is on a distinguished road
Thanks Michael.

Please see my new post "E61 CK-7W and BMW MINI replacing CARK 126", where I think I've explained myself better after some research today.
Ads