To help the victims of Hurricane Katrina we are auctioning off a Sony Ericsson P900. This is part of a joint effort by a group of tech websites. Please bid genorously (via this comments thread), and consider bidding on items on other sites
. Please read on for full details and rules.
How to bid:
You may bid by posting directly to this thread. If you are a registered forum user you need take no further action. If you are unregistered you should email your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
. You may also bid by emailing email@example.com
. Bids receieved by e-mail will be posted at least once a day if they are the top bid. If high bids are equal we will use timestamps to determine the winning bidder.
We encourage you to look and bid on other auction currently being held. A full list is being maintained on Phonescoop
where there are also further details about other ways you can help the victims of Katrina.
Rules & Disclaimers
1. The deadline to bid is 6 PM GMT Wednesday, September 14. No further bids will be accepted after that time.
2. Winners will be contacted via e-mail by Wednesday, September 14.
3. A list of winning usernames or specified nickname will be posted to this thread on Thursday 15th.
4. Please allow 14 days after your donation to the Red Cross has been confirmed to receive your prizes.
5. Winners will be asked to donate their bid amount directly to the Red Cross. All donations can opt to recieve and e-mail receipt which we will ask the winners to forward to us so we can confirm your donation. (Please note you must not make an anonymous donation or we will be unable to confirm it).
6. The item will be shipped from the UK. If you live in a country outside the EU duty may apply. In this case the winner bidder is responsible for duty.
We have chosen the direct route (donation direct to the Red Cross) as we think this will get the money into use as fast as possible.
The Sony Ericsson P900 is as new. The box has been opened, but the phone is in pristine condition.