All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old 07-06-2005, 04:47 PM

corwin is on a distinguished road
PC Suite - will not install nor uninstall

Hi All, new here so greeeetz to ALL
Found your forum because couple more hours it will be me or Nokia. If there was a thread like this one, appologize, missed it. Blame my nerves.
Problem: I am happy owner of P800 but got N-Gage for my son. Installed the PC Suite for him to play around with soft & music & of course suite did not see phone. So, came to conclusion its going to be my Sony soft. So I did unistall it. Than uninstalled the Nokia PC Suite. Than run regedit, erased all the Nokia entries (used to have nokia- standard procedure). Than around midnight tried to install again Nokia PC Suite, and there was nothing..... Soft just boots up, and than goes straight to info that will install components in c:\windows, spinns my HD for couple of mins and ends up with big 0. Checked for files, nothing, simply no PC Suite.
Ok, anyone had similar problems, is there any possible soft I could use to clean comp and get PC Suite again. I am at the end debating reinstalling win XP but that is the last resort. Please help. Any solution will be appreciated.