All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old 04-04-2005, 04:51 PM

CB-Dave is on a distinguished road
Angry 3230 Bluetooth transfer problems and more...

Alright, I've just bought a 3230 and I'm having a few probs with it - anyone had any of these?

Firstly and most irritating - dust appearing under the screen. I bought my phone on apr 2nd and by the time it took to charge the battery, there was a speck of dust under the screen... not happy with this I took it back to the orange shop and got another one. I've just noticed a speck of dust under the screen on that one too.

one speck isn't much, true - but the phone hasn't been used yet... it's just charging - the screen protector etc is still in place. wtf is going on??

Another thing - I've bought a 256mb MMC card, came to transfer some mp3's and so on using my BT120 Trust bluetooth dongle and it won't put them on the card, just straight onto the phone's memory - being that there's only about 3 or 4 meg free, transferring some 8mb mp3's is impossible. Is it the trust bluetooth software at fault or does the 3230 not give you the option of transferring direct to the memory card using obex? (I've come from the MS smartphones and their ease of use was something else compared to this 3230 - it's a pain in the backside atm)

lastly - the charger is crap, the piece you plug into the phone is loose and as such the phone keeps on stopping charging - I'm sure the other one I had wasn't like that but has anyone else come across the same problem?

Cheers for reading I was originally in the market for a 6230 but the lass in the phone shop talked me into getting a 3230 - please don't dissapoint me people!!

Dave