All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 16-07-2003, 09:43 PM

tmh is on a distinguished road
Sync problem USB P800 XP Pro

In a hope that I am not repeating a question but I don't seem to be able to find a solution (plenty of questions but no solutions !)

I have a P800 and am trying to sync with XP Pro via USB cable...however the wizard is not launching. Phone is set to cable and 11500 baud rate. Latest version (1.5.1) of PC Suite for P800 is installed as is latest driver for USB connection. Software loads fine and all necessary bits appear, on installing phone and USB and running start>P800>syncronisation nothing happens except cheery message saying phone has not been setup (like duh !!) hence I imagine wizard is not loading like it says it should. Speaking to Sony they suggested turning off all virus and firewall utliites which I have to no joy (even reinstalled during this process) I ahve also shut down all background processes as far as possible and still no success. Phone Link Connection recognises a USB conenction and Mobile Phone Monitor has the USB port (com3)disabled as stated in user manual.

How do I get this very cool phone to sync. I recently got rid of my IPAQ 3870 with activesync (which was also a pain to sync) are there any hang-ons that maybe causing issues??)

Urgent help would be most graciously accepted.
Ads

Old 16-07-2003, 10:32 PM

sidneylopsides is on a distinguished road
Make sure that in the P800 control panel that it is set to pc connect and not modem. You cant have the dial up software running at the same time as the sync software either.
Alcatel Easy DB, Sony J70, Ericsson T68i, Pogo, SE P800, Motorola V70, and now SE T610!

Old 16-07-2003, 10:44 PM

Definitely on PC Connect.

Just had a look at some older posts and there appears to be some issues in reinstalling PC suite for p800 software if you don't delete all folders relating to SE. Is this a known fact?

Old 17-07-2003, 12:14 PM

MaxLinux is on a distinguished road
I use the same version of PC Suite in my Windows XP Pro+SP1 without any problem. Are you using a USB Hub to connect to your phone (usb port-usb hub-p800 cradle)? I had a problem with this setup so now I connect the cradle direct to the pc usb port.

Old 17-07-2003, 12:26 PM

Johnrg is on a distinguished road
Have you tried installing the drivers that are available on the Sony ericsson website?

I had this problem when i re-formated my HD, and lost my CD :(

But i installed the sync station drivers and it worked.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...6FileCatID%3D7

Hope this helps

Old 17-07-2003, 02:26 PM

Folks, Many thanks for all your advise, but the answer is yes to all. I am using a direct USB connection and have been using all the latest drivers from the SE website.

I have definitely done something stupid (usual explanation!) the question is what?

My firmware on the phone is R2D and should be R2F, SE said that shouldn't be a problem but update it just in case. I am going to reinstall all the SE software tonight clean out the registry and try again !!! Failing that Ibought a BT USB (!) adaptor this lunchtime so I may give that a shot!

On a side note I rang a T-mobile store in Victoria at lunch and asked if they did firm ware updates...."firmware mate what's that? nah....we do new aerials though"......good help us all -))

Old 24-07-2003, 03:01 PM

Can't install DSS-20 USB Driver under XP

I've got a new laptop with XP and can't install the DSS-200 USB driver (the one from SE web site). Have tried the automatic way by pointing to the directory where the driver has been unzipped, by installing the drivers directly (right-click and install) and even when looking at what driver are in that directory I got a msg thelling that there is no information about my hardware in that directory. Can someone help? Thanks.
BTW, I also have a with the BT connection. It connects and then disconnects telling me that the device i.e P800 has terminated the connection. I have not been able to synch since I had my new laptop although everything was working well with my old one also under XP.

Old 11-08-2003, 02:55 PM

AZZiDO is on a distinguished road
My phone wont let me back up - it just fails and tells me to connect the phone - worst of all, it takes ages and ages and pretends to do the bloody backup! then it fails. I also have a problem with the SFRS (dunno how theyre spelt) drivers for the usb - basically when I d/c the phone from the cradle, the sfrs thing shuts down and if i reconnect the phone - it wont be recognised till i reboot - bit stupid really....

now I run the backup/restore prog - then click on my p800 - then it works!

life a biatchh

AZZi

Old 11-08-2003, 05:43 PM

slicksurf is on a distinguished road
I mentioned on another thread that the chip in the sync sttion has drivers uncannily like the ones we use at work, they have the same uninstaller too. Which brings me to my point, in the windows system directory>
"C:\Winnt\system32\ftdiunin.exe"
This launches the driver only uninstaller. This is how we recover from big faults with the driver\usb interface. Just a thought, but maybe this is the thing users who want to reinstall need?
I havn't tried it (because mines works), but if any other devices use these drivers they'll fail, but it simply a case of putting the cd back in the drive. Note, that the uninstaller is totally stupid and doesn't know if the device is connected first, YOU MUST DISCONNECT first, or the program fakes the uninstall, and everything stays where it is.
A bonus sideeffect is that you can reinstall the driver, without reinstalling the sony software (note that the two seem not to be linked at all).

Anyway, hope this helps.

Old 22-04-2004, 03:38 PM
choeg2

same problem.. no solution though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmh
Folks, Many thanks for all your advise, but the answer is yes to all. I am using a direct USB connection and have been using all the latest drivers from the SE website.

I have definitely done something stupid (usual explanation!) the question is what?

My firmware on the phone is R2D and should be R2F, SE said that shouldn't be a problem but update it just in case. I am going to reinstall all the SE software tonight clean out the registry and try again !!! Failing that Ibought a BT USB (!) adaptor this lunchtime so I may give that a shot!

On a side note I rang a T-mobile store in Victoria at lunch and asked if they did firm ware updates...."firmware mate what's that? nah....we do new aerials though"......good help us all -))
I have exactly the same problem! unfortunately I have no solution...
Have tried downloading new drivers from SE - no good
Tried using the drivers on the original CD - no good
Tried uninstalling driver first and restarting - no good

The weird thing is that it has worked just fine before for a long time.. btw, I am also using XP pro... one day I disconnected the sync station and when I tried connecting next time it just didn't work. Windows claims that the driver is not installed and like I wrote above now the driver won't install at all.

HELP!

Old 22-04-2004, 04:51 PM
choeg2

Solved It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choeg2
I have exactly the same problem! unfortunately I have no solution...
Have tried downloading new drivers from SE - no good
Tried using the drivers on the original CD - no good
Tried uninstalling driver first and restarting - no good

The weird thing is that it has worked just fine before for a long time.. btw, I am also using XP pro... one day I disconnected the sync station and when I tried connecting next time it just didn't work. Windows claims that the driver is not installed and like I wrote above now the driver won't install at all.

HELP!
I had the USB sync station connected to a port replicator on my IBM laptop... turned out the laptop hadn't connected properly (even though the network and everything worked!).. just shutdown everything, reconnected the laptop to the port replicator and restarted (with the phone in the sync station) and VOILA!

Old 17-08-2004, 10:13 AM
Tushar

hi

Hi,

I Have installed dss20 Drom sonyericsson website and I say it doesnt have any installation file for the drivers and nothing for windows xp. I desperately want to install this driver can somebody kindly tell me how to fix this problem. Pls do reply to my mail.

Old 01-02-2005, 06:13 PM
gharsha2

Talking sync probs

How do I get this very cool phone to sync. I recently got rid of my IPAQ 3870 with activesync (which was also a pain to sync) are there any hang-ons that maybe causing issues??)

Urgent help would be most graciously accepted.[/quote]

first remoe all the usb devices and then install pc suit with ur phone connected

first remoe all the usb devices and then install pc suit with ur phone connected