All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 27-07-2004, 06:21 AM

markopolo is on a distinguished road
Gadget Golf / Virtual Snowboarding Help Please

MY OLD 9290 COMMUNICATOR (PURCHASED FROM NOKIAUSA.COM ON JUNE 12, 2002) WAS STOLEN WHEN I WAS ON A BUSINESS TRIP. I PURCHASED A NEW 9290 FROM NOKIAUSA.COM (JULY 8, 2004), INSTALLED ALL OF MY ORIGNAL SOFTWARE PACKS (ENTERTAINMENT, PERSONAL PRODUCTIVITY AND UTILITY) WHEN I ORIGINALLY PURCHASED THE COMMUNICATOR AND THE ONLY TWO GAMES THAT I CANNOT GET TO WORK ARE MY GADGET GOLF AND VIRTUAL SNOWBOARDING. THEY ARE BOTH ASKING FOR KEYCODES TO UNLOCK. I CALLED HANDANGO SOFTWARE, THEY WERE ABLE TO LOCATE MY ORIGINAL PURCHASE BUT DIDN'T HAVE THE RESOURCES ON HOW TO UNLOCK THESE GAMES. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME? ANY TYPE OF HELP AND INFORMATION WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. MY E-MAIL IS MARKOPOLO@WI.RR.COM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

Old 28-07-2004, 03:36 AM
Administrator

Arjen is on a distinguished road
The unlock codes for these games are linked to your IMEI. Since you now have a different IMEI, these unlock codes don't work anymore.

Normally if you contact the application vendor with a proof of purchase (handango can send these to you) and your new IMEI number, they will gladly give you a new unlock code.

BTW Next time you make a post, please turn off the Caps-lock key. Usually typing a message in all caps is considered shouting.

Last edited by Arjen; 28-07-2004 at 03:41 AM.

Old 28-07-2004, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjen
The unlock codes for these games are linked to your IMEI. Since you now have a different IMEI, these unlock codes don't work anymore.

Normally if you contact the application vendor with a proof of purchase (handango can send these to you) and your new IMEI number, they will gladly give you a new unlock code.

BTW Next time you make a post, please turn off the Caps-lock key. Usually typing a message in all caps is considered shouting.

Old 28-07-2004, 05:06 AM

Exclamation Response to the forum user Arjen and to all forum users.

I thank you for your reply and apologize to all forum members for keeping all of my letters in caps lock. This thread I left is a legit thread and I apologize if members think that this is some type of illegal/piracy activity. This thread is legit and I need help! I originally purchased these software packs from Handango Software when the Nokia 9290 came out in June, 2002. I have the original invoice from Handango Software Company to prove these software purchases. I even even have the letter from Scott Gains (Nokia 9290 Software Launch Manager at the time) to prove these purchases. I just need help unlocking the software I purchased over two years ago, costing me almost $100.00 (US Dollars). Handango (The company where I originally purchased these Software packages from) can verify my purchase with my old Nokia 9290 IMEI Number and Old E-mail Address. Handango, unfortunately doesn't sell this software package any longer and cannot assist unlocking this software package with my new Nokia 9290. All I'm looking for is some help unlocking this package I've paid for so that these software programs work on my new Nokia 9290. I appreciate your response as well as any help from any other forum members in the future. If you would like to e-mail me to help me with my issue, please email me at markopolo@wi.rr.com. Thank you again for your time and concern.

Old 29-07-2004, 12:35 AM
Administrator

Arjen is on a distinguished road
Again, I think you shouldn't contact Handango since they don't sell the software anymore, but you should contact the original creator of the software (Nokia in both cases?). With all the proof you have it shouldn't be difficult to get new serial numbers. I had the same problem with Neuvoice Dialler when I switched from a 9210 to a 9210i and Neuvoice sent me a new registration code within 2 days.

If that really doesn't work (which would be really disappointing for everybody who buys his/her software, since getting a replacement machine after your first one is stolen/broken unfortunately happens a lot and a lot of software is tied to you IMEI) you've done all you can. I'm going out on a limb here, but I would say that then you have a valid reason for using a pirated copy.

Last edited by Arjen; 29-07-2004 at 12:37 AM.

Old 02-08-2004, 10:25 PM

gr00ved is on a distinguished road
marcopolo, check your e-mail
Ads