All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 26-07-2004, 11:54 AM
mysticfire

Going to get QD. Please answer questions!

Hello,

In about 2 weeks I am going to get the nokia n-gage qd. Except I am unsure about afew things, I would really appreciate it if you could answer my questions, thanks.

1. Where can i buy those memory cards for the qd in australia online?

2. Do the memory cards take up the game slot, making it unable to play a game with it in?

3. I read somewhere on here that they got a radio going on their n-gage qd, is there anyway to do this? if so please state.

4. What are the ways i can connect the qd to the computer to transfer data?

5. What would you rate the compactizism (if thats a word) of the nokia n-gage qd. Lol what i mean is how firm is it, like if you dropped it would it break open, or would it just go bang....... DURABILITY! THATS THE WORD! WHAT WOULD YOU RATE THE DURABILITY! LOL

6. Um i cannot remember now, i might post more questions later

Please if you even only know one of these answers, please give me an answer

bye

Old 26-07-2004, 02:04 PM
elzu89

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire
Hello,

In about 2 weeks I am going to get the nokia n-gage qd. Except I am unsure about afew things, I would really appreciate it if you could answer my questions, thanks.

2. Do the memory cards take up the game slot, making it unable to play a game with it in?

3. I read somewhere on here that they got a radio going on their n-gage qd, is there anyway to do this? if so please state.

5. What would you rate the compactizism (if thats a word) of the nokia n-gage qd. Lol what i mean is how firm is it, like if you dropped it would it break open, or would it just go bang....... DURABILITY! THATS THE WORD! WHAT WOULD YOU RATE THE DURABILITY! LOL

6. Um i cannot remember now, i might post more questions later

Please if you even only know one of these answers, please give me an answer

bye
1. try searching for MMC (multimediacard)
2. Yes. only one card-slot in QD
3. Don't know
4. Using Bluetooth
5. i would give 8,8
6. ok

Old 26-07-2004, 06:00 PM

beskippy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire
Hello,

5. What would you rate the DURABILITY!
1. As someone else said, they are called "multimedia cards" (aka "MMC")

2. There is one slot. If you decide to play games, you remove your MMC and put the game in. When you are done playing (and if you need to access your programs/music on the MMC), you swap the card back. It's quite simple, really.

3. The individual who had radio on the QD used a separate Sony MP3 player with built-in FM tuner, and some crazy cable that connected it up to the handsfree headset.

4. Copy data over with an MMC card reader (assuming you buy an MMC and copy your data onto it), or via Bluetooth (again, you would need a Bluetooth adapter for your PC) using the Nokia PC Quite software that comes with the phone. Either method works well, I have used both.

5. Generally I try to take good care of my phone. That said, the case seems fairly sturdy, there is a good rubber edge around it, and there appears to be a solid piece of plastic in front of the screen (though I would not start hitting it with a hammer to see just how good it is). Durability seems above average compared to most of the phones I have seen and used.
Ads

Old 27-07-2004, 12:10 AM

CybaCowboy is on a distinguished road
Wirelessly posted (Nokia N-Gage: NokiaN-Gage/1.0 (4.03) SymbianOS/6.1 Series60/0.9 Profile/MIDP-1.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0)

A fellow Australian N-Gager!

Home page: http://www.openoffice.org.au
Suite Overview: http://www.openoffice.org.au/products