All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 18-07-2004, 07:01 PM
Ahs_Guy

a part of the problem solved

Ok ppl for those who have msn use your phone and go to e-messenger.net there we you use your msn messenger on the phone

Old 05-08-2004, 06:42 AM
abdullahyücel

Wink 123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by geust
Hi
just installed agilemessenger on my 7610 and it works great, was using my vodaphone GPRS internet connection. the thing i would like to know is, does it cost anything to use this messenger? im not sure how gprs works, i know wap you pay per min but gprs is totally differnt. could someone explain how gprs charges you and if using aglemessnger will cost?
thanks for any help

Old 19-08-2004, 06:56 AM
Greg

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chintu
Hi friends !

I wanted the older version of Agile Messenger which can work on free GPRS WAP and does not need any special full access. I dont care for the features , i know it does not have many features but that is fine. I own a Nokia 3650 with T-mobilee as my carrier. DOnt wanna spend more on full GRPS access. I will return the favor suitably .
Email address :

thank you
Chi...
Hey, did you get an older version yet? does it work? i have tmobile with tzones and it worked great (newest version) for several weeks then last wednesday, it totally stopped connecting. after several emails, it turns out that tmobile dosent offer the full TCP/IP networking which is needed for it to work....but it was working!!??!?!?! anyway, they said it just changed. they way the email was worded to sound like they didnt realize people had this available and turned it off last week...ugh!

Old 19-08-2004, 07:07 AM

lark1000 is on a distinguished road
Angry Reply from Tmobile why Agile wont work...

I first found this messenger about 3 weeks ago and worked great in every way. last wednesday, it totally stopped connecting to any of the services. after several emailing to T-mobile, here is what i got back after running by them the requirements that Agile Messenger needed...(BTW, im using a Nokia 3620)

First reply...
"Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile.

You do not have full TCP/IP networking capability with T-Zones. It's only supposed to support WAP over port 80 and POP3/SMTP over ports 110 & 25. You may wish to get the T-Mobile Internet service for $19.99/mo which allows full internet access."

Second Reply after telling them it WAS working...
"Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile.

Yes, it was changed. T-Zones was always supposed to be locked down in this way, but for a long time it was allowing access it wasn't supposed to."

So now this is just screwy! is there any way to "fool" the phone into making it think it has what it needs to work or something?

I may be pulling this out of the dark but it seems to have settings for server addresses, port numbers, etc... Since i have a static IP for my home DSL internet, can those settings be used in my phone somehow to get things to work for me???

Old 19-08-2004, 07:26 AM

Angry alternate IM programs???

if Agile Messenger is an official "lost cause" for us Tmobile people, what else out there will work? I tried some version of AIM but it wouldnt connect at all. I tried IM+ which seemed to connect to AIM but i COULD NOT figure out how to do anything with that program! It didnt have Yahoo either. What else is out there??

Old 23-08-2004, 09:05 PM

luv_u_all is on a distinguished road
Angry Instant messagin on T-mob explained

Here is the one and only solution to all over messaging problems. You need to subscrive to the $9.99 unlimited text messaging feature from T-mobiile. It works the best for us. You can use AOLol and Yahooo. For those who dont know, Yahooo does finally support T-mobiile. It means you can just sign in on your yahoo messenger thru your pc. When signing out of yahoo just tell the messenger on your pc to sign-in instead on phone. You will go online immediately. Isnt that great. Its better then paying $20.00 for the unlimited idata access plan. I had a talk with T-mobie guys and upto the tier-2 level people (experts they are). They wouldnt allow any kind of access other then thru ports 80, 25, 115 as mentioned earlier by somebody in this forum. So, we are left with no hopes other then using the unlimited text messaging plan. It seems that it was neccessary to block the messaging services otherwise who will subscribe to their text messaging services. Profit is all i want. Do you get it or no ? u moron.

Other option : If we figure out some genius amongst ourselves who can use the existing internet access provided by T-mobiile (T-zoones) and build a messenger which can work with it. Thats not happening though in near future or is it ? I can be of help if somebody does plan to take on that project

Any T-mobiile customer care representatives reading this please note: We need to access the messaging services thru agile messenger and such other systems. It will be really nice of you guys if you could let us do that (no doubt , we gotta pay). But it will save us from lot of trouble (should be a part of your customer care: to ease out things).

Old 23-08-2004, 09:08 PM

luv_u_all is on a distinguished road
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_u_all
Here is the one and only solution to all over messaging problems. You need to subscrive to the $9.99 unlimited text messaging feature from T-mobiile. It................. to ease out things).
Sorry forgot about this all together. You can also access iMSN messenger in a way similar to iAOL. Check the phone settings on your iMSN messenger. IF you dont have find what i am speaking here; time to install a new version of your imsn messenger.

So sit back, relax and njoy.

Old 04-09-2004, 03:47 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_u_all
Here is the one and only solution to all over messaging problems. You need to subscrive to the $9.99 unlimited text messaging feature from T-mobiile. It works the best for us. You can use AOLol and Yahooo. For those who dont know, Yahooo does finally support T-mobiile. It means you can just sign in on your yahoo messenger thru your pc. When signing out of yahoo just tell the messenger on your pc to sign-in instead on phone. You will go online immediately. Isnt that great. Its better then paying $20.00 for the unlimited idata access plan. I had a talk with T-mobie guys and upto the tier-2 level people (experts they are). They wouldnt allow any kind of access other then thru ports 80, 25, 115 as mentioned earlier by somebody in this forum. So, we are left with no hopes other then using the unlimited text messaging plan. It seems that it was neccessary to block the messaging services otherwise who will subscribe to their text messaging services. Profit is all i want. Do you get it or no ? u moron.

Other option : If we figure out some genius amongst ourselves who can use the existing internet access provided by T-mobiile (T-zoones) and build a messenger which can work with it. Thats not happening though in near future or is it ? I can be of help if somebody does plan to take on that project

Any T-mobiile customer care representatives reading this please note: We need to access the messaging services thru agile messenger and such other systems. It will be really nice of you guys if you could let us do that (no doubt , we gotta pay). But it will save us from lot of trouble (should be a part of your customer care: to ease out things).
I am aware that you can use the web based versions of AIM and Yahoo on tmobile now but you have to agree, they are a PAIN IN THE ASS to use! you have to wait for load times between each message you read and send. other non-symbian phones seem to have a version of AIM that isnt web based and is more of an official AOL program and not just a web based thing. I think i have seen Yahoo versions also. its just the speed and easy of switching between everyone you are talking to that i want. BTW, where is the MSN messenger that they advertise you can use now? i dont see it listed in my tzones!

you also mentioned something about the 9.99 unlimited text messaging. thats not giving you anything more than more messaging right? you made it sound a little like you get more access or something with it.

Old 28-09-2004, 11:21 PM
Chafic

Hello All,
I am new to the nokia 6600 although I have been playing with it quit a bit. I installed agile mobile messenger v 3, I have internet access thry t-mobile, but the applciation will not do anything. I installed it on main memory. I chose my internet access point. When I select MSN and click connect, nothing happens. The same goes for yahoo.

does anyone have any idea what is going on ???
Ads

Old 29-09-2004, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chafic
Hello All,
I am new to the nokia 6600 although I have been playing with it quit a bit. I installed agile mobile messenger v 3, I have internet access thry t-mobile, but the applciation will not do anything. I installed it on main memory. I chose my internet access point. When I select MSN and click connect, nothing happens. The same goes for yahoo.

does anyone have any idea what is going on ???
are you choosing t-zones as your access point? for a while, Agile wasent working at all with Tmobile but they just updated it so it accesses ports that T-mobile allows access too. so also make sure you have the most recent version from www.agilemobile.com

Old 29-09-2004, 05:08 PM
Chafic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark1000
are you choosing t-zones as your access point? for a while, Agile wasent working at all with Tmobile but they just updated it so it accesses ports that T-mobile allows access too. so also make sure you have the most recent version from www.agilemobile.com
I have tried actually t-zone and t-mobile internet. It acts like the application is not working. I get nothing at all when I click conncet after I select MSN. I would at least expect it to ask to setup my account, but nothing happens.

Old 24-10-2006, 05:21 PM
sSmEnArRu

hy my frend can`t you help me to register my agile messenger for my s60 because the program it is a trial