All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old 21-08-2003, 11:55 PM

Halvard is on a distinguished road
BT serial connection between PC and P800

I have previously posted questions on this forum on August 1 about having problems with my Bluetooth PC-card, 3Com 3CRWB6096. The card it self seems to work fine, but the software that comes with the card is CRAP (pardon my language). The 3Com Connection Manager is sooo outdated. I have the latest drivers which is available on 3Com’s homepage.

I manage to get a serial connection between the phone and my PC, but if I move the phone out of the BT range and comes back again the system fails to re-establish a serial connection. This happens every time. I would also like to tell that after taking a format of the internal memory and starting from scratch I have noticed that the Connection Manager has not come up with the error message “Unable to establish a connection, please try later”. I take it there has been something wrong with Bluetooth in the phone since I upgraded the software to R2D, but it seems it has fixed itself after the format of C:

I was hoping anyone could help me to find out if there is some compatible software with the 3Com product. I am trying to install this little program made by ephebe mentioned in this tread http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14640&postdays=0&postorder =asc&highlight=bluetooth%20connection%20automa tically&start=0

It looks like a handy little program that would prevent me from fiddling around establishing the serial connection between my phone and my PC. Of cause the Connection Manager that came with the PC card does not support this program mad by ephebe. So I am asking all my fellow P800 users if there is someone that has experienced the same problem as me and managed to solve this problem and are willing to help me. BTW, I am using a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D 7800 with Windows XP home edition.

I am looking forward to all your helpful replies to my question with scores of solution how to circumvent or solve my problem.