All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 21-01-2010, 07:02 AM

sajansadiq is on a distinguished road
Exclamation N73 Important messages got deleted: urgent help needed.

Dear all,

Plesae help me. some of my very important messages got deleted from my memory card while i was trying to create space in phone memory. The same issue is quoted below by another user. Is there some way i can recover the deleted messages in this issue. Badly need them, very urgent. Please assist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_storm2004 View Post
Check your lifeblog entries!!! They are the main culprits!!!
They are stored in the phone memory!!!

But be careful while deleting them....

If you delete Lifebolg entries, and your lifeblog entries have messages stored in them. It will also delete your messages even if they are on the memory card!!! Don't know why!!!

I had this problem two weeks ago. So I had to clear out my Lifeblog entries but almost 900 messages got deleted from Messages (Inbox, Personal Folders, Drafts n all!!! Which were saved on my memory card!!!!).

Didn't know that there is a direct link between the Lifeblog and Messages!!! After that i got about 21.3MB of my memory free but i lost my precious messages!!! And still haven't solved a way to restore the messages to my memory card from the backup that I had created about a month which has all those 900 messages!!!

Can anyone suggest me how to get over this? I mean Lifeblog and messages dependency???