All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 05-11-2009, 12:02 PM

TurtlePower is on a distinguished road
Angry Global Shortage of Replacement GPS!!!

Just got off the phone to my local Nokia Care Point and have been told that my N97 that has been away for 3 weeks so far is unlikely to come back for some time yet - when asked how long that is she told me that she doesn't know!

Apparently there is a global shortage of replacement GPS parts!

As a way of making it all better for the fact i have paid for almost a month with no phone on my contract Nokia have offered me 5 free music tracks or as i like to call it a kick in the B@ll@x!

3.95 worth of songs doesn't make up for 1 months contract or 1 months Maps subscription. In addition to the fact that it might still be another month before i get it back.

They did say they may just replace it with a reconditioned handset (hopefully that meant with replacement parts installed!) - if they try this does anyone know my standing on this?

I don't want a phone that i don't know the history of - for all i know it could have been swimming or dropped kicked before i got it.

Can i insist on receiving mine or a brand new replacement?

Thanks for any opinions on this

Old 05-11-2009, 01:24 PM

MonarchX is on a distinguished road
Once again they messed up. Appaearnetly there are far more poeple with GPS issues than they anticipated. All that "lens problem and GPS is bad only for 0.0001% of owners" - BS, utter BS. I'd say a big chunk of phones manufactured has this problem.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:53 PM

Superpalace is on a distinguished road
I sent my phone off to Nokia freepost to be replaced two weeks ago. This was arranged by Nokia head office after I complained about the issues I was having with my phone. The repair centre phoned me late last week to say they had received my phone but had no replacement phones in stock and they weren't expecting any in until at least November 7th. They offered to repair my exisiting handset but I refused as this was it's 4th time in repair for the usual gps, lens scratch, speakerphone issues.
I have also been offered 5 free music tracks as compensation. I bought my N97 on August 8th and since then it has been in repair for 8 weeks. Enough said really.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:01 PM

spirit44 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpalace View Post
I sent my phone off to Nokia freepost to be replaced two weeks ago. This was arranged by Nokia head office after I complained about the issues I was having with my phone. The repair centre phoned me late last week to say they had received my phone but had no replacement phones in stock and they weren't expecting any in until at least November 7th. They offered to repair my exisiting handset but I refused as this was it's 4th time in repair for the usual gps, lens scratch, speakerphone issues.
I have also been offered 5 free music tracks as compensation. I bought my N97 on August 8th and since then it has been in repair for 8 weeks. Enough said really.
i complained about mine and insisted on a replacement, spoke to someone at head office on Wednesday last week, had replacement handset delivered on the Saturday. Only thing was they only had white ones left, but now i actually prefer white! (although don't get me started on the fact that v20 is out for black and not white ones....)

Old 05-11-2009, 02:46 PM

Ah! So you must of got one of the last white phones! The initial message which was left on my phone last Thursday was that they were out of black N97 but had white in stock! By the time I called back they were out of both!

Old 05-11-2009, 04:21 PM

zxon is on a distinguished road
Ahh, this explains why I haven't had a call from my local Nokia Care Point. They're meant to be calling me when the part comes in, and I booked my phone in for repair at least two weeks ago.

I'll just sit tight then, rather than bother them...

www.andrew-irvine.co.uk
Please support my suggestion for Gravity!! - Add cut/copy/paste for when N97 is open

Old 09-11-2009, 11:12 AM

spirit44 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpalace View Post
Ah! So you must of got one of the last white phones! The initial message which was left on my phone last Thursday was that they were out of black N97 but had white in stock! By the time I called back they were out of both!
Erm...yes, sorry about that

Old 06-11-2009, 11:08 PM

AFDenmead is on a distinguished road
got my phone back

Hi
All
I just got my phone back today only took two days for them to do the work but took a month for them to get the GPS camera back cover in. As the engineer told me big shortage of parts but the good new is the phone now works GPS is spot on and i've been using it all day will take a little longer to test the camera cover but it does look a little different the cover does look like its set a little higher.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:10 AM

I phoned Nokia care this morning to ask if they had dispatched my replacement N97 phone as I was told that they would have new stock delivered on November 7th. Apparently this has now been delayed and they were hopeful that they would get new stock by the end of the month..........Seriously very very poor service.