All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 06-03-2003, 01:34 AM

How can I sync my P800 with Symantic Act?

I was wondering if there is any software out there that would allow me to use Symantoc Act! as my contact and callender program and sync with it instead of Outlook.

Thanks,
Nino Del Padre
www.delpadre.com

Old 15-03-2003, 03:49 PM

Sync Act with P800

Hi everybody

I am also desperately trying to sync my new P800 with Act and I saw that somebody already asked the question in this board. However, It seems that all the PDA geeks in this board are still working with Uncle Bill's massmarket products - the only ones SE lets you syncronize with!!

Am I wrong? Can anybody give us some explanation??

What I alredy found out:

For translation of the data you need Intellisync. However, Intellisync for Symbian asks during the installation to see PSIWIN 2.3.3. After installation of PSIWIN and uninstallation of the SE comms. suit, Intellisync should use PSIWIN to connect to the P800. Of course it doesn't, I don't know why and I am not getting any reply from Pumatech nor from SE.

Can anybody help???

Cheers

Hugo

Old 16-03-2003, 03:57 AM

Re: Sync Act with P800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo
Hi everybody

I am also desperately trying to sync my new P800 with Act and I saw that somebody already asked the question in this board. However, It seems that all the PDA geeks in this board are still working with Uncle Bill's massmarket products - the only ones SE lets you syncronize with!!

Am I wrong? Can anybody give us some explanation??

What I alredy found out:

For translation of the data you need Intellisync. However, Intellisync for Symbian asks during the installation to see PSIWIN 2.3.3. After installation of PSIWIN and uninstallation of the SE comms. suit, Intellisync should use PSIWIN to connect to the P800. Of course it doesn't, I don't know why and I am not getting any reply from Pumatech nor from SE.

Can anybody help???

Cheers

Hugo
Mate you're really far off now...
First off, do your homework!
Psiwin is the package that adds support for Epoc devices in Windows, nothing else.
Example of such devices are the Psion 3, 5, 5x, 7 and Revo.
The SE P800 is a Symbian OS product and hence fundamentally not compatible with Psiwin.

If Intellisync is made for Psiwin it is only compatible with Epoc devices (such as the once listed above).

Old 16-03-2003, 09:04 AM

Sync with ACT

Thanks for your reply.

Can you tell me what other coms products besides the SE suit can actually connect with the P800? I can't imagine that the connection software is actually a proprietary software.

Hugo

PS: Isn't it that the devices you mentioned are Symbian devices?

Hugo

Old 16-03-2003, 10:45 AM

strollerchaser is on a distinguished road
Sync with P800

Right now there are not many options to sync, and the ones available suck.
- You can use the PC Suite and use the MAPI funtionality of Outlook to access third party Email/data clients (if they support MAPI). That works for GroupWise for example (Use Outlook, create new account, choose vendor OTHER and click the transport of your MAPI application)
- Use SyncML and sync over the internet. There are plenty of SyncML servers available.

Old 20-03-2003, 07:18 PM

Thanks for your advise. I could finally manage to import my database through Outlook. With my calenders and to-do-lists it should be easier than for the contacts. But you're right, it really sucks.

What drives me up the wall is that this p800 is a quite expensive piece of hightech brought to you with a substandard software - but SE does not even reply to questions sent by email!!!!

Cheers

Hugo