All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 06-07-2009, 12:10 PM

khalidelmeknesi is on a distinguished road
E71 reset or get security code

Hi,

I have updated the firmware today from my Nokia E71. Everything go's fine. But when I start the phone for the first time it ask me to the security code. I have try the standard code 12345, but it doesnt work.

I have installed Nokia Pc Suite v 6.86.9.4 and NSS v 1.0.38.15. I follow some steps in an tutorial. I have read the pm file and found the security code: 12345:

5=31323334350000000000

But when my phone is asking at the security code I try 12345 but it doesnt work!

See the pm file of my phone at the attachment.

Nokia E71
Emei: 352924023907525
Firmware: 300.21.012

Someone an solution to get or reset the security code??

I have read some information about tools like JAF and TCJUDAS. Is it possible to reset or get my security code with these tools?
Attached Files
File Type: zip 352924023907525.zip (16.1 KB, 6438 views)

Old 14-11-2009, 10:47 AM

gabrielgabi78 is on a distinguished road
i have the same problem please tel me how u rezolv the problem thancs in advence

Old 16-11-2009, 02:47 PM

dvhttn is on a distinguished road
Just done the same thing myself and seen this. On my phone, UK Black E71-1, I also have the SIM card code set. When the E71 powers up and asks me for the SIM code that goes in OK. It then asks me for the security code which it wouldn't accept at first, until I figured out what it was doing. Basically for the security code, you need to hit the 'function key' (page 14 of the user guide, the bottom left key) so that it recognises the next button press as a number and not the letter on the key. For example, hit the '7' key and it recognises it as a 'v', unless you hit the 'function key' first.

When you enter the SIM code there is no need to do this and I have no clue as to why you should now have to this a) for the security code and b) why it now asks for the security code! I thought it was something to do with me setting the remote lock facility and setting a new security code. Obviously not.

Dave

Old 17-11-2009, 11:02 PM

starbubble82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvhttn View Post
Just done the same thing myself and seen this. On my phone, UK Black E71-1, I also have the SIM card code set. When the E71 powers up and asks me for the SIM code that goes in OK. It then asks me for the security code which it wouldn't accept at first, until I figured out what it was doing. Basically for the security code, you need to hit the 'function key' (page 14 of the user guide, the bottom left key) so that it recognises the next button press as a number and not the letter on the key. For example, hit the '7' key and it recognises it as a 'v', unless you hit the 'function key' first.

When you enter the SIM code there is no need to do this and I have no clue as to why you should now have to this a) for the security code and b) why it now asks for the security code! I thought it was something to do with me setting the remote lock facility and setting a new security code. Obviously not.

Dave
So does this work have you tried it yet on your phone khalidelmeknesi?

Also do you have to do this every time you turn the phone on?

Old 18-11-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbubble82 View Post

As I said in my earlier post, that is what I do. And I do have to do it every time I switch the phone on. Bit of a hassle but as that's just once per day I don't lose sleep over the extra work .... Guess I should look into it but it's not top of my to-do list at the moment ...

Dave

Old 18-11-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbubble82 View Post

Sorry, but just noticed. You quoted my post but mentioned another poster ..... ? So not sure now what/who you were directing the question to ......

Dave

Old 27-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

kontraband is on a distinguished road
with the amount of stuff you all probably have you your E71s Id have the sec lock and the pin lock on too... as well as the text to lock set.. and of course the remote wipe