All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 27-05-2009, 02:20 PM

zinny is on a distinguished road
E71 complete call log failure

hi guys,

i got my E71 around October of last year and since a month or so ago the call log seemed to have failed completely. whenever i dial a number, receive a call, or miss a call; the call log fails to record it and always displays "no missed calls", "no received calls", and "no dialed numbers". this is very frustrating as now i have no idea who called me when i miss a call. i checked online and never actually got a real answer on how to fix the problem, what i got from researching was that this was probably either caused by my provider or by the OS itself. but there were little to no explanation where such information was provided, then i found you guys . please help a very frustrated person

thanks
zinny

edit:though now that i browsed though the call log again, i guess its not a complete failure as it seems the call duration section and the pckt data counter section of the call log division is still functioning, or at the very least its showing me a few numbers.

Old 29-05-2009, 12:50 PM

beautyfiend is on a distinguished road
Have you tried changing the Log Duration in the log settings?

Old 29-05-2009, 02:22 PM

zinny is on a distinguished road
wow, i feel really stupid now. yeah it seems that my log duration was set to 0 days for some strange reason. thanks beauty. now i dont have to practically call all my friends everytime i miss a call.