All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 21-12-2008, 09:13 PM

alexuz is on a distinguished road
animated gif do not work properly on N85

I bought recently an N85 and downloaded some animated gif pictures and they do not run fluently as they should. The SAME gifs work great on both the E51 and 5700. What is the problem with the new photo viewer in N85?

Another issue I have with it is that I transfered 300 photos to the memory (Sandisk micro SDHC Ultra 8gb class 6) and when I browse the photos its very slow and some pictures are pixely for a long time when viewing them.

Any suggestions? I have only owned the N85 for two days but I already feel that I just want to sell it and get something else, but there is no other device that has the same functions. Maybe the N79 or E66 but they dont have the sweet OLED screen.

Old 22-12-2008, 12:31 AM

seki is on a distinguished road
Beer What firmware version are you running?

I don't have any slowness viewing images (about 240) .. in the Gallery using the latest firmware. I can't speak for the particular animated gifs .. but some animated gifs I've seen work just fine.

I suggest looking at upgrading your firmware .. and see if the problem remains.

Old 22-12-2008, 06:03 PM

alexuz is on a distinguished road
I have firmware 11.047 and I think that is the latest one.
Try browsing to the left or right by holding down the button and just watch how it browses for 10seconds and then photos start to get corrupt, I get the small broken blue icon on every picture. I now have about 50 pictures.
What should I do?

And the FM transmitter does not work properly either, It just does not transfer any music.

Old 22-12-2008, 09:41 PM

seki is on a distinguished road
Beer After a few seconds ..

of quick browsing .. left or right .. the gallery changes to the carousel mode .. with mini images(thumbnails) and rapid cycling .. if yours doesn't then there's something wrong.

Also your FM transmitter should work just fine .. Mine was originally locked (my phone was from .hk where FM transmitters aren't permitted or something) anyway .. using a euro code and updating the firmware allows the FM transmitter to work just fine. Its a little bit of a mission to get the frequency right first time .. but after that you're sweet .. just jump in the car press FM on .. - preset a station on the car radio and you're away laughing ..

If yours doesn't do this reasonably easily then you may have either a hardware or more likely a software issue. I'd be resetting the device and trying from there.

-seki