All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 25-03-2008, 07:32 AM

r3x001 is on a distinguished road
Phone memory recovery

Hi,

Is there any way to reover the contact and SMS after update the operating system?

Thanks,

Old 25-03-2008, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

timsalmon is on a distinguished road
I'm afraid not. Next time you must backup before entering NSU (unless you get an N82 [and, no doubt, N96/78 and other newer models] which seems to have the means to protect user-data during an update - maybe that will be extended to other devices in time but I'm not sure if it can be applied through firmware updates to existing models). Any views from the experts?

Tim

Old 22-11-2008, 07:05 PM

perthachy is on a distinguished road
hi all
i have N96 but unfortunatly all my contacts deleted while update how can i restore it

Old 23-11-2008, 04:05 PM

buster is on a distinguished road
It's basically simple; if you synced your phone and/or backed it up before updating, then restore from the backup. If you didn't then you're out of luck. If you have no backups at all, even old ones, then you have no-one to blame but yourself; the first rule of putting important information on a mobile device is to back it up regularly...

Old 07-12-2008, 09:17 AM

jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Back-up OK , but what about Calender ?

This year my nephew did two different (new) updates on my E90 . I made a backup on Memorycard first : Instruments-Memorycard-Options-Backup . It is also possible to make a separate backup for Contacts : Contacts-Options-Mark all-Options-Copy to Memorycard .
All was saved , except for CALENDER ! I wonder why Nokia left the Calender out of the Memorycard Backup ? The 9210 and 9500 had this ability . Now I use the 9500 for my Calenderbackup !
After firmware update I had to reinstall several third-party applications manually . MidletRestorer from Nokia is a great help to reinstall JAVA applications . So far my view .
jApi NL