All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 11-01-2008, 12:26 PM

spv4u is on a distinguished road
N95 8GB Change Message Centre Number

Hi

I have a N95 8GB on UK vodaphone with a dual sim adapter fitted to switch between Orange and Vodaphone.

I send all my texts and calls via Orange currently (Voda for 3G) and want to change the settings for the message centre or ideally add a new message centre for Orange.

I have found the settings on the phone but you can only select your message centre and not change the settings or add a new one.

The dual sim adapter uses the SIM apps to allow the sim switch but also stops the sim information being read by the phone. I know this because if I put in the Orange sim without the dual adapter and set send texts by sim settings the phone will text fine.

Does anyone know of a way to change the message centre settings or ideally a way of creating a new message centre on the phone for Orange.

I have tried Nokia website but it tells you to use a app called something like settings app but it appears Vodaphone have removed this app the menu.

Any help would be great

Regards

M

Old 11-01-2008, 12:34 PM

waxup is on a distinguished road
I have yet to find an option to change your message center number after you program it. I find this annoying as well but a quick solution is to program the other message center number as speeddial on keypad number 2. Also, by doing this you can also put in pauses and your mailbox passcode so it's even easier to access your voicemails.

I hope this helps.

Old 11-01-2008, 12:39 PM

Text message settings

Hi

I am refering to text message centre and not vocemail settings.

I would debrand but then half of the Vodafone live stuff stops working on the phone so that is not an option

Old 11-01-2008, 01:03 PM

Ratkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by spv4u View Post
Hi

I have a N95 8GB on UK vodaphone with a dual sim adapter fitted to switch between Orange and Vodaphone.

I send all my texts and calls via Orange currently (Voda for 3G) and want to change the settings for the message centre or ideally add a new message centre for Orange.

I have found the settings on the phone but you can only select your message centre and not change the settings or add a new one.

The dual sim adapter uses the SIM apps to allow the sim switch but also stops the sim information being read by the phone. I know this because if I put in the Orange sim without the dual adapter and set send texts by sim settings the phone will text fine.

Does anyone know of a way to change the message centre settings or ideally a way of creating a new message centre on the phone for Orange.

I have tried Nokia website but it tells you to use a app called something like settings app but it appears Vodaphone have removed this app the menu.

Any help would be great

Regards

M
Goto: messaging/options/settings/text message/message centres/options/new message centre

This works on my N95 8GB can't speak for a Voda one

What vodafone live stuff stops working if you debrand?

Cost Effective Web Design Nximedia

Old 11-01-2008, 02:00 PM

Solution for Vodaphone people

Great solved this issue.

Thanks for the help but that option is not there on the Vodafone version, however i have now made it appear.

Anyone that has a Vodafone version should download this file from the net - google it Nokia_N95_SettingWizard2.sis Install this through your PC (it takes a while to install on the phone) then all the extra menus appear, I was able to add the Orange message centre as a new message centre and delete some system ones. Also you can create new MMS and internet settings for GPRS and 3G which you could not do before.

Oh you can also create your own mail accounts as well as use the default Vodafone mail account settings.

The one install seams to install all the missing components that Vodafone removed to stop the connections being tampered with

When I changed my code to make the mobile a generic N95 8GB and updated the software the TV video streams stopped working, there must be some kind of keys in the ROM. Also the free spiderman movie stopped working as well. I also had issues connecting to the internet using the pre set internet connection settings yet the packet data connection worked.

I would advise you dont unbrand your Vodafone if you want to use TV streams from live or you are a beginner as you will have issues with connections.

Hope my info helps others in making the vodafone version as open as the unbranded version.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:02 PM

Here is the sis for the install

Oh I can attach the file

So here it is for all Vodafone users

Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: sis Nokia_N95_SettingWizard2.sis (266.2 KB, 589 views)

Old 11-01-2008, 03:18 PM

Liam548 is on a distinguished road
have you got a pic of the dual sim adaptor?

Old 11-01-2008, 05:45 PM

Dual Sim

Hi

No sorry i bought it off ebay, well actually i bought two different ones but the first one did not work on the N95.

The dual sim is called Ghost Super Sim no cutting, cost about a fiver on ebay. It is the version that allows you to change the sim via the menu not by dialing 001 and 002 this version didnt work correctly.

I have today noticed that the 3G doesnt work right when this adapter is in but the web can still be used by either sim via GPRS same as when you are out of 3G range.

There is not yet a dual sim that can handle 3G so will have to wait a while for that but it suits my needs.

One sim and adapter in sim slot and then the link cable is long enough to fold round the battery after it has been installed and the the other sim sits between the battery and back cover. You have to apply gentle pressure to get the cover on but once locked in it shows no sign of stress.