All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 22-07-2007, 07:45 PM

tenlientl is on a distinguished road
Saving Username/Password

Is there a way to save usernames/passwords when using the N80's default browser? I use facebook and hotmail with my N80.. And I really hate typing my username all the type. I dont mind the password, but being able to save the password is pretty good too.

Also. What "vaults" do you guys use? I like being able to save my combination lock, pin numbers, care card numbers and such on my phone. I know it's not avisable.. But that's what the vaults are for. I've googled and searched this site for a free one. But it doesnt seemt o work with the N80.

Old 22-07-2007, 08:01 PM

Burcrim is on a distinguished road
Hotmail on my N80 browser remembers my username and sometimes my password, but I use the new MSN Live app now anyway. Most forums like this remember my username and password unless I haven't visited for several weeks (which isn't likely!!). I always check the options to remember user and p/w, and never clear the cache. Maybe that helps.

As for vaults, I use Handy Safe which comes with a PC desktop version for synch'ing up with the phone.

Old 22-07-2007, 08:45 PM

Yea. Hotmail does. Too bad facebook doesnt.

I have to pay for Handy Safe :( . I guess it's worth it if it's not hackable or something.

I'm trying to find out more about MSN Live for N80. I live in Canada and none of the carrier mobile dot msn dot com listed is in there.

I'll stick with fring.com for MSN for now, and the browser for email, etc.

For me to do free-SMS, i have to use my carrier's free-txt-online thingy. Which is troublesome because I have to remember/write down the number since I cant just select through my Contacts.

Right now I'm trying to find a cheap/free SMS program that I can txt Canada/US(maybe Philippines) using the internet/wi-fi.

Old 23-07-2007, 06:50 AM

Truphone wont seem to work either. It says

"Truphone: Connected"

but I don't have the Icon #4.. One with a phone and I guess a globe behind it.