All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 29-03-2007, 10:34 PM

PDADoc is on a distinguished road
Need help: problem with deleting some apps on my E61

After a beta testing episode with some of the software I'm testing, I've recently completely reset my device and reinstalled everything from scratch. I even deleted everything but document folders from my storage card.

After doing all of this and reinstalling everything, it's all working fine, except for two niggling things: To save RAM, I had previously installed all of my themes to my storage card. Now that I'm installing everything into RAM, the themes I had installed onto the card are showing up in the Themes listing, creating duplicates.

I have gone into App Manager but they don't show up there, and there is no way for me to delete them directly from the Themes applet, even though I thought there should have been some way.

The other problem is that whenever I install some apps, like QuickOffice Premier, they seem to install just fine, but whenever I go into the App Manager, they show up as "not installed", even though they're clearly there and seem to work fine. Even after I delete the app that says "not installed", the app still works fine, but is not listed as an installed app.

Are these bugs I've uncovered? Is there any way to resolve these things?

Has anyone run into this before?

As usual, any help is certainly appreciated!