All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 17-01-2007, 12:01 AM

Matt.C is on a distinguished road
Memory full, Delete some data..

Hi all,

Anyone ever experianced this on an N73? I keep getting a message appear telling me to delete some data as the memory is full. This seems not to be talking about my memory card or the memory on the phone as i have plenty free.

It pops up and makes a beeping noise like when the battary is very low when i send a text or use something on the phone. This has only just started happening.

Something to do with the phones RAM maybe?

The only extra piece of software ive installed is TomTom 6 and ive just recently upgraded to ME.

Help appreciated, its not stopping the phone from working at the moment, more of an annoyance, not sure if it will get worse though...?

Old 17-01-2007, 01:22 AM

John-Jack is on a distinguished road
This error refers to the amount of free space under "Phone Memory".
As in, the 44mb of built in storage.
Just any number of these, including:
  • Call logs
  • Messages (BIG bluetooth receives)
  • Media stored on the phone, not on the card
  • Old Calendar entries
  • Browser bookmarks and saved pages
  • Apps on the phone; reinstall them to the Memory Card!
  • Unwanted contacts (harsh, I know...)
If this doesn't end the error, back up your stuffs then reset the phone using
*#7370#
Finally, this message differs entirely from "Memory low - close some apps." That one refers to low RAM limitations
Legacy? Complete! Mecca? Well... a step backwards

Old 17-01-2007, 07:59 AM

Excellent post, post helpful - Thanks

Old 17-01-2007, 08:05 AM

Ok - Phone memory says 42mb free, thats most of it!!

Got 582 free on the memory card too...

Seems that turning the phone off and on again has stopped the message being displayed though

Old 17-01-2007, 07:23 PM

John-Jack is on a distinguished road
Just a miscalculation... All the open applications would've been using up the phone's actually storage memory briefly, causing the message, then releasing the used space.
When there's a lot of open apps, they are cached to non-volatile storage.
Legacy? Complete! Mecca? Well... a step backwards

Old 24-04-2010, 06:43 AM

neelam dhigare is on a distinguished road
hey thanks........this was and excellent post and it worked....i use to face the same prob with my n73 saying memory full del some data and sometimes database corrupted as well but now its working fine. i m really happy and proud to register myseld with this site.......i hope i dnt face this problem again anyway thanks a lot. bye tc

Old 20-02-2008, 10:56 AM

summie is on a distinguished road
n73 fault

Deat Matt,
I am also facing the same problem.
and we both knows that this is a fault in N73.
I never used to store anything in phone memory still sometime it shows memory full.
what the helllll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt.C View Post
Hi all,

Anyone ever experianced this on an N73? I keep getting a message appear telling me to delete some data as the memory is full. This seems not to be talking about my memory card or the memory on the phone as i have plenty free.

It pops up and makes a beeping noise like when the battary is very low when i send a text or use something on the phone. This has only just started happening.

Something to do with the phones RAM maybe?

The only extra piece of software ive installed is TomTom 6 and ive just recently upgraded to ME.

Help appreciated, its not stopping the phone from working at the moment, more of an annoyance, not sure if it will get worse though...?

Old 06-03-2008, 08:05 AM

candy.boi is on a distinguished road
n73me phone memory full

hi! i have the same problem like matt c. i dont know why this message "phone memory full. delete some data." appears on my screen. i dont have any downloaded file in my phone except for calendar, contacts, message which is 8kb and document because all of my files are save in memory card. i even reset my phone for couple of times and reformat my memory card. this problem still occurs. i try to turn off my phone for an hour, when i turn it on its back to normal. since i bought this phone, i encountered this problem for more than 5x. is there anyone who can tell me other solution to fixed this issue. thanks...

Old 06-03-2008, 10:05 AM

clonmult is on a distinguished road
I had that on my N73 on occasion - I was having startup issues as well - only solution (that worked) was to re-load the firmware.

Old 10-03-2008, 04:49 AM

n73

i try to do what u have mention when the problem occurs. thank u so much...

Old 29-03-2008, 03:43 PM

kevinpatel is on a distinguished road
hey guys...besides doing "*#7370#"....is there any other way to solve this problem?? it's like formatting the phone...very troublesome... if any other ways discovered....plz share n guide....

Old 01-04-2008, 06:55 AM

hi kevin!

i went to nokia care to let them format my phone and when i have my phone back, the problem with "memory full. please delete some data" never been appeared to my screen.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:45 PM

kevinpatel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy.boi View Post
hi kevin!

i went to nokia care to let them format my phone and when i have my phone back, the problem with "memory full. please delete some data" never been appeared to my screen.
hey thanks alot mate....hope it solves the problem for me after that....thanks again...

Old 18-09-2008, 11:38 AM

Spesshul is on a distinguished road
Question Help More N73 Probs!

Hi i have been reading your posts but as i try to delete logs ect, it comes up with 'memory full close some aplications and try again'... I have used not even half a gig on my mass memory an have 109mb free / 25mb used on phone memory... I fail to see how the memory is full!! 2 of my friends also have the N73 8gb and have the same problem!

I cant send a text message because it fails everytime so i'm kinda paying for a contract phone but effectivly i cant send text messages!!

Can i get any kind of softwear update or something, as it seems to be a more than common problem with nokias. I use to own the n70, same prob, before i owned the one with the round buttons at the bottom... That was not full, took it to nokia repair center, they tried to flash it?? and that didnt work!

Either i have real bad luck or nokia should NOT be bringing out phones!

I see some posts are a year old so i really really hope there is some sort of hope!!!!

Thanks for reading my rant and i do hope you may be able to point me in the right direction!!

Thanks, Char

Old 19-09-2008, 08:39 AM

hell_storm2004 is on a distinguished road
Check your lifeblog entries!!! They are the main culprits!!!
They are stored in the phone memory!!!

But be careful while deleting them....

If you delete Lifebolg entries, and your lifeblog entries have messages stored in them. It will also delete your messages even if they are on the memory card!!! Don't know why!!!

I had this problem two weeks ago. So I had to clear out my Lifeblog entries but almost 900 messages got deleted from Messages (Inbox, Personal Folders, Drafts n all!!! Which were saved on my memory card!!!!).

Didn't know that there is a direct link between the Lifeblog and Messages!!! After that i got about 21.3MB of my memory free but i lost my precious messages!!! And still haven't solved a way to restore the messages to my memory card from the backup that I had created about a month which has all those 900 messages!!!

Can anyone suggest me how to get over this? I mean Lifeblog and messages dependency???