All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 25-11-2006, 12:50 PM

workphone is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Nokia 5500 auto keyguard

Just bought the nokia 5500 and I have searched through the manuals and menu options and I cant find an auto keyguard option. I can't believe Nokia could not have put this feature on what they claim is the ultimate sports phone. Does anyone know of how to set an auto keyguard feature on the 5500 ? I see there is some software being sold that can do it on some phones but not sure if it will work on the 5500.

The only reason I got this phone was for bluetooth (for my hands free car kit) and it's robustness. The previous nokia sports phone had auto key guard, so why could they not do it to this..

If anyone made a seriously robust work phone with bluetooth I'll but it. I done need a stupid camera where the lens gets scratched, I dont want to listen to the radio or music, just be able to make calls when I need to and not have the phone making calls by itself because I forgot to manually keyguard it.

Old 25-11-2006, 01:05 PM

nj7 is on a distinguished road
To do Autolock, install the free autolock.sis, dound on software section of this site.

Old 25-11-2006, 04:53 PM

workphone is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up auto unlock for 5500

Thanks for that. I downloaded the software and its working perfectly. I'm puzzled why Nokia couldn't have loaded this function with the phone.

We should start a vote for the number of people who have recieved an unintended call and those who have made an uninteded call. I for one have done both on several occasions.

Old 29-11-2006, 06:34 PM
Administrator

krisse is on a distinguished road
You probably don't need anything like this on the 5500, I never even bothered locking it when I tried it out for the review and it didn't dial anything by accident.