All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 24-10-2006, 07:28 PM

panerai is on a distinguished road
M600 MRouter runtime error problem

Hello to everyone, I do not know if anyone has the same problem, but i just got my M600 and installed the latest PC Suite, version 1.2.15, but i keep getting an error message mRouter Runtime Moduel has encountered an error and needs to close. Also i can not connect my M600 with the computer through USB. I use XP Professional SP2 with firewall and AVG Antivirus software. Can anyone help, where could be the problem?

Thanks and bye

Old 26-10-2006, 01:23 AM

patalawi is on a distinguished road
Me too

Sorry for not being any help - it might make you feel better to know you're not the only one with this problem. I have exactly the same mRouter runtime error. Th pc suite can't find my phone either with USB or Bluetooth. Can connect via USB in File transfer mode but not in phone mode.

Noticed when I plugged in USB while in phone mode it finds most of the components but then right at the end I get a message saying it has not installed properly. Had same problem on two separate XP PCs.

Good luck - I've given up trying to fix this.

Old 01-11-2006, 03:49 AM

Ikarus! is on a distinguished road
first of all try to update phone software; this solved all my problems

Old 21-11-2006, 03:49 PM

superswede is on a distinguished road
Same problem occurs on W950i after upgrade to PC suite 1.2.15.

Last edited by superswede; 21-11-2006 at 05:03 PM.

Old 23-11-2006, 11:20 AM

mdengel is on a distinguished road
Me too

I like to add a little "me too" here!

Got the w950i two days ago and the mrouter-Software that comes with the drivers and Sync-Software totally screws up on both my WinXP-Computers.

An older version isn't at hand and even the developer kit 3.1 of mrouter doesn't work either.

I'm hoping this is an error that is common enough that the next version of the Sync-Software works.

Anyway: My computer at work with win2000 has obviously no problems with mrouter but I'm trying our XP Laptop for similar problems later today.

What a mess if you have a mobile but you've got no phonenumbers to call.

Michael

Old 02-01-2007, 02:40 PM

EM66 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by panerai
Hello to everyone, I do not know if anyone has the same problem, but i just got my M600 and installed the latest PC Suite, version 1.2.15, but i keep getting an error message mRouter Runtime Moduel has encountered an error and needs to close. Also i can not connect my M600 with the computer through USB. I use XP Professional SP2 with firewall and AVG Antivirus software. Can anyone help, where could be the problem?

Thanks and bye
Hello,

I have the same problem with a new M600i. I can't get MRouter running on my PC with XP Pro SP2 : « MRouterRuntime module has encountered a problem and needs to close ». Firewall and AV are disabled. I don't understand what the problem can be. Intuwave (MRouter developper) is no longer available and SonyEricsson does not give any support. Did anybody find a solution ?
Thanks. Eric

Old 30-01-2007, 04:39 AM

dens is on a distinguished road
possible solution

after installing the pc suite.

1. set phone usb connection to file transfer and connect usb to pc.
2. after drivers(ericson port) are installed remove phone and set usb connection to phone mode.
3. connect usb to phone, this will now install m600 application port drivers.
>> mRouter should work properly after this.

for those who are having the errors.
1. set phone usb connection to phone mode and connect to usb.
2. right-click "My Computer" and select manage.
3. this will open computer management. under system tools click device manager and in the second pane click ports.
4. remove the drivers for m600 port/ ericson port, or any port there that has a warning icon(cdc comm port).
5. remove phone and follow the correct set-up above.

hope this helps. i would advise people to avoid using the application installer of the pc-suite as you may encounter the same mRouter errors when an application does not install correctly. the application installer works fine with "signed" software and recognized vendors.

ps. did this on a machine running WinXP Pro SP2. took over a week to figure out the sequence once i managed to remove the incorrectly installed drivers.

Last edited by dens; 30-01-2007 at 05:27 AM.

Old 11-03-2007, 01:40 AM

rebootloop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dens View Post
after installing the pc suite.

1. set phone usb connection to file transfer and connect usb to pc.
2. after drivers(ericson port) are installed remove phone and set usb connection to phone mode.
3. connect usb to phone, this will now install m600 application port drivers.
>> mRouter should work properly after this.

for those who are having the errors.
1. set phone usb connection to phone mode and connect to usb.
2. right-click "My Computer" and select manage.
3. this will open computer management. under system tools click device manager and in the second pane click ports.
4. remove the drivers for m600 port/ ericson port, or any port there that has a warning icon(cdc comm port).
5. remove phone and follow the correct set-up above.

hope this helps. i would advise people to avoid using the application installer of the pc-suite as you may encounter the same mRouter errors when an application does not install correctly. the application installer works fine with "signed" software and recognized vendors.

ps. did this on a machine running WinXP Pro SP2. took over a week to figure out the sequence once i managed to remove the incorrectly installed drivers.
Thanks Dens, that's the best info I have been able to find so far, but it did not solve my issue.

I seem to have terminal problems with getting the phone and PC Suite for Smartphones connected.

I've really been through the mill on it. The lappy is a Dell Inspiron. XP Pro SP2 - Work job. Limited ability to trash it without creating angry boss syndrome I've done the multiple re-install, the reg clean for mrouter, etc, etc. Phone is up to date.

When I try the checklist above for repairing a broken install, I cannot remove all the ports as one is in use by mrouter. In the end, I did manage it, and followed the process above.

With the first connect and the phone in file transfer mode, no ericsson ports are created. It is operating as a removable drive at that point?

After a PC reboot, and connecting the usb in phone mode, new ports are created. No errors. I had the device manager open at the time, and I could see first the cable device, then two ports: SE M600 Application port (com4), and SE PC-Connect port (com5)

Looking at the mRouter Connectivity Methods under the Advanced tab, I have only USB selected with a checkbox in MCCI (SE Mobile Communications AB) (IR is deselected, and BT is not present)

Connected devices shows ID 5 Com5 USB-MCCI Sony ericsson AB

So, mRouter sees the device fine, and the icon reflects it. I don't think that is _my_ problem. When I run the PC Suite, it does not find the phone "No Connected phones found" PC Suite is (for smartphones) 1.2.15 d/l from SE website.

What is missing, is the information regarding the communication between PC Suite and the phone. Does it talk to mRouter, or does it not care, and just talks to a Com Port. If so, why does it not find the com port mRouter establishes?

Without more info, I don't think I can solve this problem. I've tried turning off AV (Macafee) and all sorts of steps found around the forums, but I really havent been able to get past this point. A lot of people are trying to solve BT issues, which clouds this issue when you search for it.

So, what does a working setup look like in terms of ports? Does PC Suite just connect to a com port, if so, which one? Is it a standard one, or is it named and the actual com port number varies. Where is it stored? etc...

Sorry for length. Just trying to include enough stuff so that someone may recognise a problem they've seen before, or offer info that might help me solve this one.

Mike

Old 11-03-2007, 06:33 AM

rebootloop is on a distinguished road
Forgive me for answering my own questions

Seems this problem is directly related to McAfee

1. Open Services and disable McAfee Redirector (this is the main McAfee service. At this point your AV is off, don't complain to me about it, get a better AV is all I can say, I hate it

2. Uninstall PC Suite.

3. Reboot.

4. Install PC Suite latest version.

5. Reboot.

6. Set phone to 'Phone mode' in connections USB (Not Disk mode)

7. Connect phone via USB. Windows will find new devices etc. Watch for errors (there should be none) Make sure the m-Router shows a phone connected.

8. Run Sony PC Suite for Smartphones. Should come up green, showing the phone details on it's own.

9. Run Sync, backup, whatever you like.

10. Disconnect phone.

11. Re-start the McAfee redirector service.

I wrote a little batch script to do all that. It just stops the service and runs the sony app. When I QUIT the sony app, it re-starts the McAfee service. It's an awful kludge to have to turn off AV to sync the phone, but that's all I can do until I can swap to an AV that works for Sony.

HTH someone...