All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 04-10-2006, 07:03 AM

tazman76 is on a distinguished road
How to move sms from phone to memory card?

Hi, there...
I have some sms messages on my Nokia 6680 phone memory and I want to move theme to my memory card.
Once I could move the message on my phone, it was when I switch the storage for my message from phone memory to memory card there's an option if I want to move the message. I've tried that for once more, but I didn't get that kind of option anymore.
Is there any one of you who could help me here?

And If I want to move to another phone of mine, Nokia N70, how could I move the messages?

I'd appreciate so much for any helps of you....

Old 04-10-2006, 10:50 PM

nj7 is on a distinguished road
Message - Settings - Card Memory (more or less like that).

Old 05-10-2006, 04:49 AM

ratza is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazman76
Once I could move the message on my phone, it was when I switch the storage for my message from phone memory to memory card there's an option if I want to move the message. I've tried that for once more, but I didn't get that kind of option anymore.
First of all, make sure that SMS memory is located in the phone (Messages->Settings->Other->Memory->Phone memory). With FExplorer go to E:\System\Mail and delete the whole dir. Not just the content, the whole dir. Go back to Messages->....->Memory and select MMC. You'll be prompted if you would like to copy the messages to your "new" location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazman76
And If I want to move to another phone of mine, Nokia N70, how could I move the messages?
You do the same thing, but you need to select MMC as location and delete the C:\System\Mail. It will work in both cases. Good luck.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:45 AM

[quote=ratza]First of all, make sure that SMS memory is located in the phone (Messages->Settings->Other->Memory->Phone memory). With FExplorer go to E:\System\Mail and delete the whole dir. Not just the content, the whole dir. Go back to Messages->....->Memory and select MMC. You'll be prompted if you would like to copy the messages to your "new" location.

Ratza, I haven't try yet the way you told. Isn't it drive E is the memory card?
Because I already have many important message that I've saved in the memory card. That messages I already save in the memory card, is it gonna be erased if I erase that "E:\System\Mail "?
I'm sorry, but I just wanna make sure first that those messages already in memory card won't be gone as well.

Old 07-10-2006, 09:29 PM

[quote=ratza]First of all, make sure that SMS memory is located in the phone (Messages->Settings->Other->Memory->Phone memory). With FExplorer go to E:\System\Mail and delete the whole dir. Not just the content, the whole dir. Go back to Messages->....->Memory and select MMC. You'll be prompted if you would like to copy the messages to your "new" location.

Ratza...
Sorry that I had a doubt about the way you told, and I was right about it.
Before I did the way you told, I backed up the folder you said to be erased (E:\system\mail) in other part of the memory card.
Then I started to erase that folder by using FExplorer. Well, that option was coming up, asking me to move the message when I switch again the message storage to the memory card.
But ALAS, my previous message in the memory card was gone as well.
Then I remember the backed up copy of that mail folder, then I overwrite again the folder with my backed up copy before.
But my previous precious old message is still gone. Did I do some mistake when make that backed up copy folder before erasing it? I still have my backed up copy folder before erasing in a new folder of my memory card.
Now I really wiz if there's a miracle to have those previous precious message in my memory card back.
Please God, give me that miracle...

Last edited by tazman76; 07-10-2006 at 09:32 PM.

Old 09-10-2006, 08:18 AM

Shit, I thought you don't have any messages on your MMC. Why don't you save your messages on a txt file? There is an app called Message Saver (freeware) which allows to save your messages in a txt file viewable both in phone and PC.

The trouble is that the messages cannot be appended if they are different in phone and MMC. When you select one of theese memories and you have different messages on them, you won't be able to append them. So the only way to keep them is either how you did it, or with that app.

Old 09-10-2006, 07:00 PM

Got back my messages...

Ratza...
I dunno how, but I got back my previous deleted messages on the memory card.
Yesterday, I curiously see that there 2 different mail folder, one is in C drive and the other is in D drive. So, I remembered that my previous messages in the memory card was much more than in the phone memory. And I saw that the mail folder in C drive was bigger in size than in the E drive.
So, I try to copy all the mail folder in C drive and overwrite it in E drive.
And BINGO..!!!
When I open the messages in the memory card, I got back those which was overwritten before.
So, I just get confuse here. Why did I get back my overwritten messages after I copy the mail folder in C:\System\Mail and paste it in E:\System\Mail?
Were my messages in the memory card in the C drive, not in E drive as you said before?
May be you could make a conclusion about this, in case it happens to anyone else or to me for once again.
But God does exist and gave me a miracle, hehehe...

Old 10-10-2006, 06:21 AM

If you select phone memory the messages will be on C:\Sytem\Mail; for the MMC it will be E:\Sytem\Mail. Probably you made the swap between memories sometime and you copied the MMC on the phone after selection without realising.

Anyway: the best solution is to send them to the PC or just store them as a txt file in one or more locations. In this way you can be more than sure that the msgs won't be lost.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:58 AM

zubair.pantnaga is on a distinguished road
Now itz over!!!

Hi frnds!!!
Ultimately I found the solution for this problem...
you can find the solution here

https://sites.google.com/site/xyberw...rs/tips-tricks

Old 26-10-2010, 08:29 AM

KashifNawaz is on a distinguished road
Here is an easy way to move your messages from Phone Memory to Memory Card or from Memory Card to Phone memory In Nokia models.

1- Install latest version of Nokia PC Suite and connect your set.
2- Open Nokia Communication Centre. (Select Phone Memory or Memory Card from which you want to move messages to other memory)
3- Select all messages in a single folder (Inbox/Sent Items or from My Folders) and click on file> export. This will create *.csv file.
4- Download NBU Explorer 1.8 from http://www.soft82.com/download/windo...a-nbuexplorer/ (You must have installed Windows Installer 3.1 and Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 to run NBU Explorer. You can easily download these from Microsoft Site,)
5- Open *.csv file in NBU Explorer and click File > Export All. (Your all messages will be exported as *.vmg files.)
6- Disconnect and connect your phone again in Nokia PC Suite.
7- Now set your target memory in your phone for messages.
8- Open Communication Centre and Select your desired folder then click on file > Import messages by selecting multiple messages *.vmg files. (You don’t have to import messages one by one but you can import all messages in a single folder at once)
9- And you have done it.
10- You can import *.csv list in Nokia PC Suite rather *.vmg files, but in this case, all the spaces (blank spaces) in your messages will be lost. All the text of your messages will be merged to a single line. So exporting via NBU Explorer is recommended.
11- Any query? Contact me at kaashii@yahoo.com.