All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 21-09-2006, 09:42 AM
Buddy X

Restoring Contacts .nfb File.

Hi guys, is there any way wotsover that i can restore contacts to my N70 from a .nfb file that woz created doing a backup of contacts held on my 6630 using pc suite ???

When trying to do a restore, the .nfb file is not recognised - it doesn't appear on screen in pc suite in the directory that it's stored in.

I've been told that i can only restore this file/contacts to another 6630. If this correct it seems a bit (a lot) silly as that would defeat the purpose of a backup as i don't have the 6630 anymore !!!

If this is the case, is there anyway to view the details in the file ?? I have all my contacts in there - over 250 - and it's so frustrating not being able to get at em !!

Any help appreciated.

I don't really wanna buy another 6630 just to get my contacts back but if i have to then so be it !

Cheers in advance.

Old 21-09-2006, 10:33 AM

ratza is on a distinguished road
See this thread or direct link:
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ghlight=python
http://babarhaq.blogspot.com/

Old 21-09-2006, 10:40 AM
Buddy X

Thanks Mate !

Old 21-09-2006, 10:55 AM

ratza is on a distinguished road
You're wellcome. Tell me if it worked

Old 21-09-2006, 09:13 PM

petr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy X
Hi guys, is there any way wotsover that i can restore contacts to my N70 from a .nfb file that woz created doing a backup of contacts held on my 6630 using pc suite ???
(...)
If this is the case, is there anyway to view the details in the file ?? I have all my contacts in there - over 250 - and it's so frustrating not being able to get at em !!
If you send us your NFB file we will send you extracted contacts in CSV file in Contacts Manager+ format. Then you can import them back using CM+.

Direct support of NFB/NFC files will be added into Contacts Manager+ in some of future versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratza
Note that NFB file cretaed on S60 phone is completely different from the one created on Series 40 phone so the Python script mentioned there won't work in this case.

Old 22-09-2006, 10:25 AM
Buddy X

All sorted !!

Luck would have it that about 45 mins after my 2nd post a mate i haven't seen for years turns up out of the blue and happens to have a 6630 !! haha !!

Sorted !!

Won't be backin up using that .nfb business in the future - nightmare !

Thanks for the help and offers guys.

Old 24-10-2006, 11:08 AM

naktbg is on a distinguished road
NOKIA 9500 - nfc file - Please Help Guys

Hi guys, I was searching in Google more about Nokia 9500 and its nfc file, and i saw this forum and your posts here.

A friend of mine dropped his Nokia in water and screwed it up. Smoehow he extracted the backup .nfc file . Do you guys familiar what should I do to help him restore his contacts.

Thanks a Lot, I appretiate it.

Old 24-10-2006, 01:28 PM

petr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by naktbg
Hi guys, I was searching in Google more about Nokia 9500 and its nfc file (...) A friend of mine dropped his Nokia in water and screwed it up. Smoehow he extracted the backup .nfc file . Do you guys familiar what should I do to help him restore his contacts.
If you have NFC file made from N9500, it contains contacts in vCard form (business cards, VCF). If you display this NFC file as a plain text, you will find them by the end of the file. You can copy them out of the file. Remove Unicode headers of each record and you'll get plain multiple-VCF file.

Old 25-10-2006, 09:35 AM

naktbg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by petr
If you have NFC file made from N9500, it contains contacts in vCard form (business cards, VCF). If you display this NFC file as a plain text, you will find them by the end of the file. You can copy them out of the file. Remove Unicode headers of each record and you'll get plain multiple-VCF file.
Thanks a lot, how can I find the begining of VCF file .