All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 05-08-2006, 09:30 AM

azzy is on a distinguished road
Smile Video file conversion for Nokia N73

Hi All.

I am using a video converter program called xilsoft video converter, but problem is when i covert the files to mp4 and try to play the file on my nokia n73 it says that the file is not supported even though the realplayer in the phone supports the mp4 format i believe. anyone know any other program that will work after conversation. Thanks

Old 05-08-2006, 03:15 PM

N/A is on a distinguished road
Make sure you choose a display resolution and audio codec supported by the phone. http://forum.nokia.com/video

Old 14-08-2006, 02:22 AM

carlbulman is on a distinguished road
Iv had my n73 a few days now and have been experimenting with different software to get high quality mp4 or even 3gp videos on my device. I just tonight came across a program called WinAVI iPod/PSP/3GP/MP4 Video Converter 3.1 you can download it from here. I havent been able to get the mp4 to work, this is due to my computer crashing always, (problems lol) but having used the 3gp encoder have gotten very high quality video results.

Try these settings I think you will be amazed how it looks.

From the main screen click the 3gp button,
select your video file you would like to convert (also supports vob files,
after you click open click the advanced button,
set video size to: 320 x 240,
set video bit rate to: 384000,
now click the encode tab,
make sure adjust to height and adjust to witch are unchecked (unless you wanna alter the aspect),
next if you dont want the letterbox effect of your videos (only wastes space and videos look ok without them), check the 4:3 circle in the source aspect section.
now click ok to close this window, then ok ok the next window to begin encoding.

The results are amazing, hope this helps.

Old 15-08-2006, 03:54 AM

evanstar is on a distinguished road
hey, azzy . does it work if u convert files to 3gp with ur xilisoft. maybe N/A is right. u'd better chose paras...

Old 23-08-2006, 02:09 PM

Tompo007 is on a distinguished road
problems after conversion

After downloading the Xilisoft software, and converting the video files I have to either MP4 or 3GPP, the image appears on my N73, but it says Unable to play media clip?
I have checked on the nokia website link showing the bitrates etc...for the N73 and changed these before converting, anyone have any more ideas as to why it doesn't work?
Cheers,

Old 23-08-2006, 06:17 PM

naplabar is on a distinguished road
no idea about your problem.
. as a user, you may ask supportors of xilisoft.

Old 09-11-2006, 05:22 PM

Padfoot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbulman
Iv had my n73 a few days now and have been experimenting with different software to get high quality mp4 or even 3gp videos on my device. I just tonight came across a program called WinAVI iPod/PSP/3GP/MP4 Video Converter 3.1 you can download it from here. I havent been able to get the mp4 to work, this is due to my computer crashing always, (problems lol) but having used the 3gp encoder have gotten very high quality video results.

Try these settings I think you will be amazed how it looks.

From the main screen click the 3gp button,
select your video file you would like to convert (also supports vob files,
after you click open click the advanced button,
set video size to: 320 x 240,
set video bit rate to: 384000,
now click the encode tab,
make sure adjust to height and adjust to witch are unchecked (unless you wanna alter the aspect),
next if you dont want the letterbox effect of your videos (only wastes space and videos look ok without them), check the 4:3 circle in the source aspect section.
now click ok to close this window, then ok ok the next window to begin encoding.

The results are amazing, hope this helps.

I'm using the programm you advised, but those settings aren;t getting me anywhere.

I did get it to work though I than tried converting to 3gp and it works.
I can now use the realplayer on my phone :P

edit: the program discribed above is shareware and leaves an imprint in your movie, I found a better program for it later on: Acala 3GP, just search for it on google, you can't miss it

good luck!

Last edited by Padfoot; 09-11-2006 at 11:23 PM.

Old 12-11-2006, 04:12 AM

Rynorak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padfoot
I'm using the programm you advised, but those settings aren;t getting me anywhere.

I did get it to work though I than tried converting to 3gp and it works.
I can now use the realplayer on my phone :P

edit: the program discribed above is shareware and leaves an imprint in your movie, I found a better program for it later on: Acala 3GP, just search for it on google, you can't miss it

good luck!

Yeah I got Imtoo and the 3gp conversion when u turn up the settings is perfect. BUT, I dont think u can make a stereo 3gp. So... back to the mpeg4 conversion. I just can not get an mpeg4 to play. I've tried everything. The fone sees it in there and then just says can not play. Anyone worked this one out yet?

Old 03-12-2006, 04:25 PM

kkkoudy is on a distinguished road
Smartmovie converter problems

Hi,
I have problem s with converting files in SmartMovie converter. I want to watch films on my mobile N73 and this is the only converter i know what can add subtitles to a film. When I add a video file to smart movie converter it converts video with no problem at least one...it always writes my in audio option "no sound" so when conversion finish i can play the video in my mobile but without the sound:( It's makes me crazy I have tried every things i know so now I want to ask you for advice could someone of you please help me?
Thanks a lot for every idea.

Old 03-07-2007, 06:29 PM

anup3158 is on a distinguished road

Old 18-08-2007, 04:32 PM

kvvsraju is on a distinguished road
good collection

good