All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 15-07-2006, 07:03 AM

rootytooty is on a distinguished road
MMC card keeps saying read only

I have not had this problem before with an MMC card. I have a program called Mobile Maps and Directions and I am trying to install it on my MMC card. It keeps telling me that the card is read only or write protected. I know how to clear sometimes if the program is read only and go into properties and uncheck the box. I have done all these things and even formatted the card but it still has some folders that are "write protected". They are empty folders. I can't get them off the card. Has any one had this problem before?????

Thanks,
Bobby

Old 15-07-2006, 11:50 AM

nj7 is on a distinguished road
Not me. But after format, in a card reader, the problem keep the same... A corrupct card is a rare event, but maybe, you have one.

Old 15-07-2006, 07:07 PM

I thought that when you fomat that card it would completely erase everything off including read only and all that. Completely clean the card. Other progams go on the card just fine. I just can't figure out why this one won't.

By the way great games by Portugal in the World Cup. Many of us here in the US were cheering them on.

Thanks,
Bobby

Old 15-07-2006, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootytooty
I thought that when you fomat that card it would completely erase everything off including read only and all that. Completely clean the card. Other progams go on the card just fine. I just can't figure out why this one won't.

By the way great games by Portugal in the World Cup. Many of us here in the US were cheering them on.

Thanks,
Bobby
About the card, itīs presumption to be thus... after formatting, is new again.
How much to the World Cup, thanks. We also like. Good individualities (and the best ones had not been all - but it is a controversial subject), good team! Already saw that of the other side of the sea, you guys had even been watching! Good luck, for the card (if new, change in garantee).

Old 15-07-2006, 07:49 PM

One more thing on the card--the Mobile Maps and Directions for the US requires a card that is formatted with FAT and not FAT 32. I am not sure what our cards have but if I could ever clean the card off I could also make sure its FAT also.

Thanks,
Bobby

Old 15-07-2006, 11:03 PM

This is a great doubt that I have! It can be that somebody that in this forum can clarify. The formatting systems, are FAT (FAT16) that it has a dimentional limit 2GB, FAT 32, whose limit is the 32GB and filing-cabinets until 6GB and later the NTFS, without any restriction. In the DSC, at least in the Point and Shoot segment, the system was FAT, what it hindered the use of bigger cards that the 2GB. However, and they come my doubts here, I had placed two cards MMC of 4Gb in the N-Gage. If the formatting was FAT16, was condemned. And, as the original N-Gage is of 2003, and to the date the Nokia said that the maximum capacity was of 128Mb... only doubts! But the truth is that the N-Gage (original and QD) accepted the cards and formats them well and never it gave the lesser error of performance. If it formats 4Gb, cannot be FAT16, but yes FAT 32. But if thus it will be, which is the limit of one MMC in the N-Gage, 32GB? He is same to format in FAT32? I know that it has programs of test to the cards, but never I gave myself to the work to see. The place that better argues this everything, I believe to be the site of "Rob Galbraith"! But still thus I have some doubts! Itīs more clear for You now? Maybe not...