All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 23-05-2005, 12:55 PM

spec is on a distinguished road
Problems with removing nokia pc suite

Hey there,
I recently tried to install nokia pc suite 6.5 but i had some problems since first it removed nokia pc suite 6.4, then the problems came, first nokia phonw browser icon remained as it is without operating, and even after the installation of 6.5 it was now the time to detect my connection yet the nokia connectivity manager was empty and I was told to reinstall the software, I tried everything installing and reinstalling even I downloaded the nokia registry cleaner bu nothing. I cleaned the registry manually yet the same. but whts different now is that the nokia phone browser takes now the shape of an ordinary folder(not a cell phone over a folder)with no name under it.I also tried installing the usb cable driver first but nothing.
I don't knowwhat to do i tried everything please help!!!
Thanks
P.S.:If u want to see the pic of the phone browser icon send me ur mail n i'll send it back

Old 23-05-2005, 05:22 PM

shchiam1978 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by spec
Hey there,
I recently tried to install nokia pc suite 6.5 but i had some problems since first it removed nokia pc suite 6.4, then the problems came, first nokia phonw browser icon remained as it is without operating, and even after the installation of 6.5 it was now the time to detect my connection yet the nokia connectivity manager was empty and I was told to reinstall the software, I tried everything installing and reinstalling even I downloaded the nokia registry cleaner bu nothing. I cleaned the registry manually yet the same. but whts different now is that the nokia phone browser takes now the shape of an ordinary folder(not a cell phone over a folder)with no name under it.I also tried installing the usb cable driver first but nothing.
I don't knowwhat to do i tried everything please help!!!
Thanks
P.S.:If u want to see the pic of the phone browser icon send me ur mail n i'll send it back
maybe u can run the regedit. but beware , something that u change or deleted will cause malfunctions to ur pc.
inside there, remove anything to do with Nokia pc suite.
uninstall the pc suite 1st before doing it .
make sure u deleted away any nokia folder or files.

phone freak

Old 27-05-2005, 10:59 AM

spec is on a distinguished road
Already did

I did remove everything "nokia" related but still the same problem i don't know what to do!

Old 12-10-2005, 11:33 AM
DenisB

Same Problem from 6.4 to 6.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by spec
I did remove everything "nokia" related but still the same problem i don't know what to do!
Me too. Who has done it after getting this problem? What's the solution? Regedit is still clean. The install always tell the same.

ThX

Old 12-10-2005, 11:43 AM

N/A is on a distinguished road
Clean things up by downloading the PC Suite "cleaner" (latest version is 3.1) from the FAQ section on http://www.nokia.com/pcsuite