All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 13-04-2005, 02:10 PM

peteding is on a distinguished road
Email retrieving mechanism

To retrieve e-mail from a remote server, scroll to your mailbox, and press Retrieve e-mail.
Select:
• Mail headers (stay online) — to retrieve only the sender, date and subject information.
• Messages — to retrieve entire e-mails without the attachments.
• Messages and attachments — to retrieve all e-mails and the attachments they contain.
• Ask before retrieving — to confirm whether the device should retrieve mails.

Press Retrieve to go online and retrieve the mails.

>> I have tried the above for pop3 and IMAP4, selecting messages or messages and attachments. Nothing happens....only the mail headers are retrieved. Any idea why?

Old 13-04-2005, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Raven is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteding
only the mail headers are retrieved. Any idea why?
Have you set the 'Max. size of e-mail' option to a high enough value?
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." -Emerson

Old 13-04-2005, 02:26 PM

peteding is on a distinguished road
I think my understanding of the feature could be the problem here. I realise that the option may apply for mails that have not been retrieved previously. Once u have retrieved the mail headers previously, this option will not do anything. To retrieve the full contents of the mail, I have to retrieved selected. Can anyone clarify this?

regards

Old 13-04-2005, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

Raven is on a distinguished road
Yes, the option applies to e-mails that have not been retrieved. If you already have retrieved the header, then you have to 'retrieve selected'.
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." -Emerson