All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 10-01-2005, 05:28 PM

dookados is on a distinguished road
Phone Handset Best Photo Viewer.

I found it very hard to use only one Album application on my 7610.

My favourites are:

(By landscape viewer I mean that you see the pics full screen with the phone turned to the left)

OPENBIT ALBUM.- ***

Pros: Easyness of use, thumbnail view (although slow), landscape viewer, ability of sort by date, select all pics and send them all by BT to computer. Good zoom.

Cons: Slow viewer, not full-full screen viewer. Takes a while to load.

SPLASHPHOTO.- ***

Pros: INcredibly quick viewer, the fastest I've seen, full screen landscape viewer. Several views (small thumbnails, big thumbnails, list...; thumbnail views are slow, though).

Cons: Lacks the Openbit Album feature of sorting by date, selecting all pictures of one date and send them to PC. Takes a while to load as well. Zoom not as good and/or handy as the Album's one.

PROFIEXPLORER.- **

Pros: Superb quality of the pictures seen with the embedded photo viewer, never achieved by any other programa I've seen.

Cons: Not a proper photo viewer, it's a windows-like File explorer. For me, better than FExplorer. Comes for free with Profimail.

ADNOTA ALBUM.- *

Pros: Can use GPS (I don't know what for), thumbnail view.

Cons: Portrait-style viewer means not making use of the whole of the 7610's screen to display pictures. Slow. Far too expensive compared to the previous ones.

RESCO PHOTOVIEWER.- ***** BEST SO FAR.

Pros: Quick viewer, slideshow mode with several transitions. List, icons (big and small) view, list with icons view, zoom, can select several pics at once using the pencil key as a shift, and send them via BT or a MMS. GOOD MANUAL (it was about time!!). Opens quickly.

Cons: Not found so far. Perhaps a little bit slow when loading thumbnails on Icons view.

PS.- I've noted that Openbit Album is no longer available at the Openbit Shop. Hope they're improving v1.00 and making it faster; it's a great app.