All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 02-01-2005, 11:27 AM

medasa is on a distinguished road
Question Nokia Text Message Editor

When I want to send the Text Message (using the Nokia Text Message Editor), the "Phone Selector" Window appears but I can not see my phone in Phone Selector.
The connection type my phone is using (USB) is active in Nokia Connection Manager.

The fact is I don't have any problem with other PC Suite Applications (Audio Manager, Contacts Editor, Contents Copier,....) and even when I choose the "Nokia Application Installer" and then try to access the Phone Selector on it, it just works fine! My 7610 appears on it! "Phone Selector" seems not to be working just in "Text Message Editor"!

Anybody has an idea?!

Old 02-01-2005, 03:20 PM

dvdke is on a distinguished road
Hey there,

If it make you feel better I have exactly the same problem with the text message editor of Nokia PC Suite 6.4 and i'm using bluetooth to connect. I also get the Phone Selector box, my phone is in it but it"s all greyed out so I can't select my phone. I also had problems with the 6.2 version. I'm wondering if it ever worked for someone.
I have a nokia 6260.

Greetzzz

Old 02-01-2005, 04:19 PM

zainman is on a distinguished road
you're right, i cant use it either! it doesnt show my phone(7610) in the connection box! another thing, since a few days i cant see the little phone thats beside the yahoo and msn messenger which is a shortcut to pc suite so i have to use the other shortcut on my desktop! :s
i have windwos XP with sp2

Old 02-01-2005, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainman
you're right, i cant use it either! it doesnt show my phone(7610) in the connection box! another thing, since a few days i cant see the little phone thats beside the yahoo and msn messenger which is a shortcut to pc suite so i have to use the other shortcut on my desktop! :s
i have windwos XP with sp2
I suppose your StatrUp has been changed because the icon you're talking about should automatically appear as you turn your computer on.

You can run msconfig on your pc to get access to the startup items. There, try to choose TrayApplication so next time you turn your pc on, it automatically runs and you would have your shortcut back.

Last edited by medasa; 02-01-2005 at 08:26 PM.

Old 02-01-2005, 08:40 PM

Zainman! I just bought my 7610. Actually I'm experiencing some problems with Movie Director (I started another thread about it). Could you please tell me what video clips you had on your memory card (the original one provided with the 7610 package)? Because there are especially the ones that Movie Director can not edit. I've three clips on my memory card: bmw.3gp, hugo man (english).3gp and hugo man (french).3gp

Old 03-01-2005, 10:06 AM

zainman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by medasa
I suppose your StatrUp has been changed because the icon you're talking about should automatically appear as you turn your computer on.

You can run msconfig on your pc to get access to the startup items. There, try to choose TrayApplication so next time you turn your pc on, it automatically runs and you would have your shortcut back.
actually it did appear before and nothing has been changed because only i use my PC and no one else so no notifications made and my brother who also has the same version of pc suite on a different pc has also experieneced this since the same day! rubal, when i open pc suite and click on help>about it says Nokia pc suite 6.4.8, is that the latest one? if it isnt can u please post the link to the latest one?

Old 02-01-2005, 08:50 PM
kolik78

Angry Nokia Text Editor

You can't use Nokia Text Message Editor with Symbian OS supported handsets. It's pointless nokia adding it to the PC Suite!!

Download latest version 6.41 from www.nokia.com

Old 03-01-2005, 07:22 AM

sandeep108 is on a distinguished road
What does 6.41 fix over 6.40?

Old 03-01-2005, 07:27 AM

Rubal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108
What does 6.41 fix over 6.40?
I see new ICONS Also found it doesnt have Nokia Phone Browser anymore :(

Old 14-04-2005, 04:05 PM

DanTheNokiaMan is on a distinguished road
It's not supposed to work?!?!

Hi, I downloaded PC Suite v6.5.10 now. In the help index under Troubleshooting->Other tasks, on the bottom of the page, they say:

<b>I cannot read and write text messages by using Nokia Text Message Editor with a Series 60 phone.</b>
Currently Nokia Text Message Editor does not support Series 60 phones.

The only thing that has improved, is that the phone now appears in the connection selection menu...you just can't select it :'(

A big applause for nokia, for delivering a halfbaked product.