All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 30-09-2004, 10:50 PM
epdm

SMS Messages

Hi,

Is there a program on PC and on Pocket PC that is able to send SMS messages through the Sendo X.

I tried on the pocket PC easySMS which works on my former T68i but NOT with Sendo X (the program says "connecting.." and freezes. I tried both bluetooth (important) and IR (not important)

On the PC (win XP) I tried Float (a freeware tool for SE-phones which is able to send SMS through the T68i obviously) and Microsoft's own SMS Sender. The latter sees NO modems????? And therefore can't send SMS-messages. The weird thing is that indeed there are no modems in hardware-managment but the My Bluetooth Places has a Sendo X faxmodem. I know that I have to make windows understand that there IS indeed a faxmodem but 'don't know how to do this (I remember that my t68i installed indeed both these ? Isn't the Sendo driver supposed to install a bluetooth fax modem and modem in the hardware managment?

Regards,

EPDM

Old 01-10-2004, 02:08 PM
Al_Fonce

Quote:
Originally Posted by epdm
Hi,

Is there a program on PC and on Pocket PC that is able to send SMS messages through the Sendo X.

I tried on the pocket PC easySMS which works on my former T68i but NOT with Sendo X (the program says "connecting.." and freezes. I tried both bluetooth (important) and IR (not important)

On the PC (win XP) I tried Float (a freeware tool for SE-phones which is able to send SMS through the T68i obviously) and Microsoft's own SMS Sender. The latter sees NO modems????? And therefore can't send SMS-messages. The weird thing is that indeed there are no modems in hardware-managment but the My Bluetooth Places has a Sendo X faxmodem. I know that I have to make windows understand that there IS indeed a faxmodem but 'don't know how to do this (I remember that my t68i installed indeed both these ? Isn't the Sendo driver supposed to install a bluetooth fax modem and modem in the hardware managment?

Regards,

EPDM
Hi

Just to let you know that EasySms works fine on my toshiba E800 to send sms trought the Sendo X using bluetooth

Cheers

Old 01-10-2004, 02:25 PM

SPEEDMAN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Fonce
Hi

Just to let you know that EasySms works fine on my toshiba E800 to send sms trought the Sendo X using bluetooth

Cheers
Mobiluck also freezes when connecting to another bluetooth device.

We might have found a similarity here !
"Play a java game and send yourself an SMS, stand back and watch how the phone freezes up for 30 seconds or so. Even worse, send yourself an sms and call yourself at the same time. The phone reboots. "

Old 25-06-2007, 11:40 PM

AlexaD is on a distinguished road
If you look for a good (and free ;-) chat software for your phone, try SubliMobi bluetooth chat