All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 26-08-2004, 10:13 AM

MichaelMac is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Agile Messenger help!

I just downloaded the latest version of Agile Messenger for the N6600. Installed fine, and when it comes to connect....this is after i put my login details for MSN or Yahoo etc in, instead of "connect" on the left softkey....it displays "register". So I click on it...and then it shuts down on me saying "App closed".

Any ideas???

Please help.
Thank you

Old 18-09-2004, 12:25 AM
HelpDude

Smile I've found the solution!

Hi !

I got the same problem yesterday, I was about to go crazy before I found this workaround.

1) Uninstall Agile messenger 3
2) using a file manager, delete these files: (if they still exist)

C:\AgileMessenger
C:\System\Apps\AgileMessenger\AgileMessenger.INI
E:\System\Apps\AgileMessenger\ (DELETE THE WHOLE FOLDER)

3) After cleaning these files, reboot your phone. Just to make sure nothing left.
4) Install Agile Messenger 3 again BUT DO NOT OPEN IT !!
5) Start an app which uses GPRS HTTP connection, for example OPERA. Or any other messenger apps.
6) While that app is still RUNNING and CONNECTED, press and hold your <MENU> button in order to switch to TELEPHONE.
7) Notice that GPRS connection icon on the top-left still remains.
8) While having that connection active and open, open your menu and RUN Agile Messenger.
9) Fill up your info correctly for a protocol (MSN), and select PASSTHRU as connection link.
10) Cross your fingers and select REGISTER command.
11) 90% a chance, it will connect successfuly.
12) After connecting, get into preferences, change your settings. Change at least ONE OPTION in order to configuration to be rewritten.
13) Log off msn and exit Agile Messenger. Close the other GPRS user application too.
14) Reboot your phone.

after rebooting, you will be able to use Agile messenger independently again.

If not, you can still try Connecting before running Agile Messenger.

Hope this helps.

Old 25-09-2004, 06:24 PM
James761

for typing in msn user does that include ........@hotmail.com?

Old 14-11-2004, 07:42 AM
[e.P]

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDude
Hi !

I got the same problem yesterday, I was about to go crazy before I found this workaround.

1) Uninstall Agile messenger 3
2) using a file manager, delete these files: (if they still exist)

C:\AgileMessenger
C:\System\Apps\AgileMessenger\AgileMessenger.INI
E:\System\Apps\AgileMessenger\ (DELETE THE WHOLE FOLDER)

3) After cleaning these files, reboot your phone. Just to make sure nothing left.
4) Install Agile Messenger 3 again BUT DO NOT OPEN IT !!
5) Start an app which uses GPRS HTTP connection, for example OPERA. Or any other messenger apps.
6) While that app is still RUNNING and CONNECTED, press and hold your <MENU> button in order to switch to TELEPHONE.
7) Notice that GPRS connection icon on the top-left still remains.
8) While having that connection active and open, open your menu and RUN Agile Messenger.
9) Fill up your info correctly for a protocol (MSN), and select PASSTHRU as connection link.
10) Cross your fingers and select REGISTER command.
11) 90% a chance, it will connect successfuly.
12) After connecting, get into preferences, change your settings. Change at least ONE OPTION in order to configuration to be rewritten.
13) Log off msn and exit Agile Messenger. Close the other GPRS user application too.
14) Reboot your phone.

after rebooting, you will be able to use Agile messenger independently again.

If not, you can still try Connecting before running Agile Messenger.

Hope this helps.
my messenger was running pretty much smoothly well i didnt use it for a month or so. two days ago i tried to login and received an alert that a newer version is available, i idiotically clicked yes and the download started. After the download was complete it removed the previous version and started to install the newer, the file which i downloaded poped an error that file is not readable ( browser was opera @ that time ) then i again downloaded the messenger this time i used services option to download and after it was completed successfully and i tried to install the messenger it opened in Text Format ! ! ! !

Old 18-11-2004, 03:51 PM
Unregistered1

I can't uninstall either. It keeps saying it's being used somewhere, even when it says it has been "stopped" on the Today screen. I would like to know how to uninstall, too. Anyone out there know how to get rid of these programs without uninstallability?

Thanks very much in advance.
Judy

Old 23-12-2004, 01:09 AM
Daniel Portugal

where ca i get a file manager?

HI!
Im portuguese, sorry for my english, so, can somebody help me teaching me how to get a file manager for nokia n-gage? And after that how to remove the caribe worm?

Thanks

Old 26-12-2004, 07:54 PM

can16358p is on a distinguished road
Download FExplorer and install it on your phone.

When you open it you see your phone's drives. C: D: E: and Z:
while C: is highlighted (seems selected) press -> button to enter it and you always do that for entering a folder and if you want to move to parent directory (the directory you entered the current directory from) press <- button. To delete a file press C button.

http://www.symbian.com/press-office/2004/pr040618.html

There is information here about removing Cabir under "Q - How do I clean "Cabir" from my phone?" question.

Old 06-01-2006, 03:12 PM

DrewRobert is on a distinguished road
Help!!!

I installed Agile Messgr v2.0 but everytime I access I always have an "INCORRECT PASSWORD" but I know for sure that I entered the correct one. What could be the cause of this?

I also installed the upgraded version, v3.66 but my phone hangs evrytime I access it.

Please need your feddback asap!

THANKS