All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 05-05-2004, 04:02 PM

craigweb is on a distinguished road
6600 Orange / O2 MMS Problem. Help!

Hi All.

I've just bought what was originally an orange phone off ebay, and the guy who I bought it off had it unlocked so I could use it on O2. Now I've just spent pretty much most of the day deleting as many orange settings as I can find (using my o2 contract sim in the phone) and ringing people works, standard texts work, but GPRS & MMS dont.

I've visited the o2 webpage and downloaded and installed the settings to the phone, but whenever I try to use GPRS or send an MMS with or without a picture the 'G' Just flashes in the top right for a while (trying to send) and then the mms is bounced back to the outbox, where it waits to try again.

Can anyone help please!

Last edited by craigweb; 05-05-2004 at 04:05 PM.

Old 05-05-2004, 04:35 PM
job

This can be an neverending problem or fixed real easy..may luck be with you.

Firstly you are aware that MMS and wap/gprs settings are different, you have to get the MMS settings as well as the GPRS one's.

MMS setting should point obviously to the right ones...NOT the same as the browsers GPRS settings

My pay-go o2 card works OK on 6600, look at settings you must have the homepage url in the mms access point.... mines.

http://mmsc.mms.02.co.uk:8002

Old 05-05-2004, 04:40 PM
job

Just noticed your GPRS dont work either, make sure that in tools-settings-access points-open the connection for gprs-options-advanced settings-proxy server address has 193.113.200.195

Of course you just might not have GPRS setup up on the sim card

Old 05-05-2004, 05:18 PM

craigweb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by job
This can be an neverending problem or fixed real easy..may luck be with you.

Firstly you are aware that MMS and wap/gprs settings are different, you have to get the MMS settings as well as the GPRS one's.

MMS setting should point obviously to the right ones...NOT the same as the browsers GPRS settings

My pay-go o2 card works OK on 6600, look at settings you must have the homepage url in the mms access point.... mines.

http://mmsc.mms.02.co.uk:8002
Quote:
Originally Posted by job
Just noticed your GPRS dont work either, make sure that in tools-settings-access points-open the connection for gprs-options-advanced settings-proxy server address has 193.113.200.195

Of course you just might not have GPRS setup up on the sim card
Hi.

I did download two sets of settings from o2 (one for MMS) (one for WAP / GPRS). The http url for which above seems the same. One thing that I didnt have was the IP you listed above as the proxy server address, but that didn't do anything to aid the phone. I did note from that whole settings box that every option was empty though (such as phone ip / proxy server / etc).

My original phone (a 6100) worked fine with MMS & GPRS / WAP, so I dont think the sim card is at fault :/

Old 05-05-2004, 08:39 PM
job

yup all mine are empty too, the 6600 is a right little bugger.

will post all the settings when get back from pub....unless someone else wants too, mines pay-go, which means the usernames are slightly different

data bearer -gprs

access point name- payandgo.o2.co.uk (yours will be different)

user name- payandgo

prompt password- no

password- ****

authentication -normal

homepage- http://wap.o2.co.uk

connection security-offsession mode- permanent

ADVANCED

phone ip address- automatic

primary name server- 0.0.0.0

second name server - 0.0.0.0

proxy server address 193.113.200.195

proxy port number- 8080

Old 11-05-2004, 10:50 PM

jaybadass is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigweb
Hi All.

I've just bought what was originally an orange phone off ebay, and the guy who I bought it off had it unlocked so I could use it on O2. Now I've just spent pretty much most of the day deleting as many orange settings as I can find (using my o2 contract sim in the phone) and ringing people works, standard texts work, but GPRS & MMS dont.

I've visited the o2 webpage and downloaded and installed the settings to the phone, but whenever I try to use GPRS or send an MMS with or without a picture the 'G' Just flashes in the top right for a while (trying to send) and then the mms is bounced back to the outbox, where it waits to try again.

Can anyone help please!
I had the exact same problem too!!!! i went here http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,41887,00.html and got the settings from nokia, and it worked fine!!

good luck

Old 24-05-2004, 08:10 AM

joolsvern is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybadass
I had the exact same problem too!!!! i went here http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,41887,00.html and got the settings from nokia, and it worked fine!!

good luck
I tried downloading settings from singlepoint and voda and had zero success for MMS.

Went onto above link and it worked perfect - cheers m8.