All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 02-10-2003, 08:12 PM
DAB10788

Talking i got an n-gage

this thing is pretty sweet..

it came with a tomb raider SD card in (because it is a pre-retail one, used for demonstrations), and it is amazing, full 3D..

Old 02-10-2003, 09:16 PM
Prodigal Symbiant

TANKERx is on a distinguished road
How do you feel making phonecalls on it?

How much of a pain is it to swap cards?

TANKERx

Mobile Phone History
Nec D10
Ericsson i888 World -> N'7110 -> Sony J5e
N'9210 -> N'7650
SPV -> MPx200
N'6260 -> N'6680 -> N'N70 -> N'E61 -> N'N73

Old 02-10-2003, 09:22 PM
Administrator

J2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud of
Yes, I don't think i'll be making many calls on it, I haven't grasped the concept of doing that with it yet.

Only 5 days to go!

Old 02-10-2003, 09:23 PM
DAB10788

its (relativily) thin and light, but its big, so u feel a little stupid with it pressed against your head (not as much as the o2 XDA )

swapping cards is a little fiddly, but managable

i was pleasently suprised at the weight and thickness, it feels good to hold, it is not uncomfterable to use (a la 7650), and the bumps on the back give it a grippy feel

Old 02-10-2003, 09:29 PM
DAB10788

it took me about 4 mins to find how to get to the menu

i thnk nokia is making a big GPRS/mobile web push with this, so one press on the menu button takes you to your online stuff (in a very nicely done menu on my network at least, there is a live news ticker at the bottom, giving you the latest headlines. from here you can access sport results, weather reports, news, download games/media - this menu will differ for different networks)

you need two presses of the menu button to take you to the normal symbian menu, which then acts as normal.

Old 02-10-2003, 11:12 PM

tomrudderham is on a distinguished road
And you got a 12" Powerbook, nice! I've got the Rad 9000 1GHz 15" model from November.
Anyway back onto N-Gage, had a go in GameStation today but Tomb Raider crashed after 2 mins. Very cool port though and for some reason I actually like having the auto run feature, saves you having to hold forward down! Not something I'd buy though because of the current problems such as holding it side on to talk etc.
Hope it sells really well because if there is an updated model next year I'd love to snap it up then!