All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 09-08-2003, 09:06 AM

WEBSITE 2 WAPSITE..Help NOW!

How do i make my geocities website into a wapsite?How do i make the pix and other files dat i uploaded and became html files in geocities to be wml files,so i can and other people can download it.HELP Me NOW!Pls

Old 09-08-2003, 11:47 AM

mekeni2000 is on a distinguished road
Re: WEBSITE 2 WAPSITE..Help NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How do i make my geocities website into a wapsite?How do i make the pix and other files dat i uploaded and became html files in geocities to be wml files,so i can and other people can download it.HELP Me NOW!Pls
Hi there!

You may want to check the website www.HTMLGOODIES.com.

The website will show you how to create WAP pages.

Old 11-08-2003, 06:08 AM

Thank u but i want to make my geocities website into a wapsite.Or to dwnload the uploaded pix to my fone.Pls help.Thanx

Old 11-08-2003, 11:16 AM

N/A is on a distinguished road
Either geocities servers must support the WAP content types like text/vnd.wap.wml, etc. (and then you need to convert your HTML pages to WML, etc.), or geocities must support some server-side programming language (e.g., PHP, Perl, anything) that allows you to send the appropriate headers.

In addition to that, people accessing your site through WAP, must have a mobile subscription that allows for WAP access to any internet address/server (rather than just servers condoned by that operator). In other words, the operator's WAP gateway must not be blocking access to internet addresses.

To test if the geocities-side is all-right, without asking their customer support, find any sample WML file, but it in your home directory and see if by referring to it by name from a WAP-capable phone you actually see what you're supposed to see.

If not, well, you need to ask geocities support or whomever administers geocities' servers about that [WAP content type support].

Old 11-08-2003, 11:56 AM

Some people have done it,infernavis,airwreck wapsites have geocities URL.But would nt tell how.

Old 12-08-2003, 06:53 PM

Anyone know?

Old 17-08-2003, 02:25 PM

Want 2 know also da answer.