All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 03-06-2003, 08:20 AM

SlimSingh is on a distinguished road
no third party audio recording apps?

hi
correct me if im wrong, but as far as i know, there isnt a single third party audio recording application out yet. nokia's default recorder isnt bad, but its time limit barrier sux. why is it that nobody has developed (or is willing to develop) an app just to record audio? if someone wants to code one, i have few suggestions:

1. option to change audio quality
2. option to record mroe than 1 min (pref. as much as the memory allows)
3. option to inc. or dec. mic volume

yeh, thats all i can think of right now. if there IS some audio recording app out there, let me know.
regards
Prabh Singh

Old 03-06-2003, 03:36 PM

Dieter is on a distinguished road
Re: no third party audio recording apps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSingh
hi
correct me if im wrong, but as far as i know, there isnt a single third party audio recording application out yet. nokia's default recorder isnt bad, but its time limit barrier sux. why is it that nobody has developed (or is willing to develop) an app just to record audio? if someone wants to code one, i have few suggestions:

1. option to change audio quality
2. option to record mroe than 1 min (pref. as much as the memory allows)
3. option to inc. or dec. mic volume

yeh, thats all i can think of right now. if there IS some audio recording app out there, let me know.
regards
Prabh Singh

Hi,

I am looking for the same, without success. And I have some more suggestions:

3 nice GUI with PAUSE and FAST FORWARD and FAST REWIND functions
4 real loud replay
5 use a well known or at least easily converted file format

I have a somewhat 'pervert' idea: We could use ETI Camcorder Pro (Beta, you will find it mentioned in various discussions here) and just dont pay attention to the fact it saves a video besides the audio. Just lay down your phone on a table, therefore dont get any motion pictures. The video is than just plain dark.
I can get about 1 minute of audio in about 100 KB, gives 10 minutes in 1 MB or 100 minutes in 10 MB (need a larger MMC).

Obviously its kind of nonsens to record a video when needing only audio record. But there is no other way at the moment.

And obviously too that a decent audio recorder could be a simple and nice by-product of a video recorder. Gui programming should be the most work.

I shall suggest this to dfdzgz via PM.

Dieter

Old 03-06-2003, 05:09 PM

actually thats what ive been doing lately, although i know its a bit of disre4spect for eti cam :/
lets just hope someone comes up with a good recording app soon! i want to record my lectures hehe

Old 17-07-2003, 07:12 PM

vicstone is on a distinguished road
I sent a suggestion to ETI Camcorder People

I sent the following suggestion to the ETI Camcorder Developers:

"Hi,

May I suggest a very important function for Nokia 3650 phones (Symbian Series 60) currently NOT available anywhere. I think you could turn Nokia 3650 into a DVR (digital voice recorder), with some adjustments to the program. This would allow people to record lectures, training seminars and meetings right onto their MMC card. This would give them over 8 hours of voice recording at your current use of 4 KB per second on 128MB MMC card. Of course, you should consider to improve that. Most professional DVRs use 32MB of storage and could record 140 minutes in the BEST mode (4 KBps), 520 minutes in the BETTER mode (1 KBps) and 980 minutes in the OK mode (0.5 KBps). Please check out these sites for some technical data on professional DVRs http://www.cubig.com/Category.aspx, http://www.diasonic.com/new/dvr_7.html,
http://store.yahoo.com/willcan/widvprgrdivo.html

However, this would require you to do 3 things:
1. Disable VIDEO function
2. Add 3 modes of sound compression OK, BETTER, BEST.
3. Add VAR (Voice-Activated Recording) function - Record while the microphone hears the sound, Automatically PAUSE when it's quiet, NEVER STOP unless the stop button is pressed or the memory is full.

Think about it. Your software is almost there.

Thank you"

Old 20-05-2004, 03:57 PM

Descentr is on a distinguished road
I am looking for the same thing, does anyone have a solution?

Erecorder would be the perfect solution if it could record with better sound quality.