All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 24-07-2011, 09:59 AM

Apache is on a distinguished road
Txt Editor & File Upload (FTP Client) for N8

Hi there,

I am looking for a solution allowing me to maintain a website from my N8 just as I would do from my PC. Task is not any graphic or html stuff, rather I have a folder containing only txt or better php snippets in which I have to change only text (a path to an image or a page for example) and then upload it to my server. The snippets are setup as php includes on the site and therefore change the layout etc etc.

So the workflow would (should) be to

a) open a txt or php file, edit contents and save file
b) Upload / synchronize (and replace) individual file(s) / or even better synchronize the entire folder on server.

Anybody has an approach to achieve this in the best (and fastest) way?

Txt editor I am not sure and to find an FTP Client seems rather impossible. I've just installed the old SIC FTP client which actually is not compatible. It kinda works but for sure is not an ideal solution. Then in the Ovi store theres something like SymFTP but it states to support file transfer only through WiFi which I assume means you need to find a wlan to transfer files (?). I need to transfer through 3G ...

Anyhow .. would highly appreciate any hints from you expert guys

Greetings from Germany