View Single Post

Old 19-08-2011, 06:06 AM

boricua11 is on a distinguished road
debrand nokia 5230 help!

Hello this is my first post here and i signed up in search of some help for this problem ive been having.

Here is my phone information:

carrier: T-Mobile USA
model: nokia 5230-c nuron
software version: V 20.2.098
custom version: 20.2.098.343.01
Type: RM-593

Ok so clearly the software on the phone is extremely old. I would like to be able to get it to the most advanced v50 but i cannot due to regional and carrier restrictions. Therefore I have been attempting for a long time and unsuccessfully to debrand/unbrand my phone so that i can get the latest software.

The problem is that i have been using NSS (Nemesis Service Suite) and it seems to not be able to detect my phone. Whenever i try to scan or read or do anything i get something like "scan for product... error!"

I have read countless other forums first to understand how to do the process and now recently to try and find a solution to my problem. I believe i have tried everything and i simply cannot get NSS to work correctly. At this point i have even deleted all nokia programs and drivers and the problem persists.

Please help me with a solution for this problem. I have been trying to do this for days now and I am extremely frustrated at this point.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help