View Single Post

Old 23-11-2008, 10:41 AM

boogieindubai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by igb View Post
Thanks, I'll take a look at oggplay. My only problem with ogg is quite a few of the devices in our house don't support ogg. Whilst I actually prefer ogg, it's an extra hassle having to maintain mp3 and ogg files of some recordings.

I *could* fiddle with my mp3 tags. However, tracks sort correctly on the three other mp3 devices around here, so I don't see why I should have to make extra effort to fix Nokia's broken code

Edit.

I see it does play mp3 files. It seems OK. However, I have a few issues I need to sort out:

I can't get it to recognise the hotkeys on my N95 8GB.
Volume doesn't work, even using the default numeric keys.
Can't get any S60 V3 skins to install.

Ian.
the hotkeys work fine on my n95 "options>settings>hotkeys", and then just press the button you want to use for the various hotkeys. should work on your n95 also. do note that the volume keys on the side of the n95 will not work with the player and also the multimedia keys on the n95(the 4 buttons that can be accessed by sliding the display to the right in landscape mode) will not work!

btw the player not only plays ogg and mp3 but also wma

the only thing that doesnt work is the "volume boost" feature, but i was able to use it on my sendo x a few years ago and didnt find the feature that great anyways since it distorted the sound.