View Single Post

Old 12-10-2008, 06:13 PM

r4me is on a distinguished road
N73 can't find sattelite's with BT-77 GPS receiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattski View Post
Hello from a newbie!
I've been using a BT-GPS8 JENTRO gps receiver with my N&3 for a while with great success.
I upgraded the firmware on my phone yesterday:
v 4.0736.3.2.1 04-09-2007 RM-133
and now cannot connect to the gps.
TomTom keeps saying connecting, even though the phone is already successfully paired with the gps.
I've had a look through the forum and have seen a couple of suggestions about changing the model number through NSS, to then get different firmware.
I've tried this, but NSU just tells me I've got the latest firmware.
Can anyone suggest a solution? - I don't really want to fork out again for a different GPS receiver.
Is this problem likely to be addressed in Nokia's next firmware update?
Thanks for reading this, and for all yout help!
Mattski
Hi - I can't answer your question, but I'd like add to it. My N73 (RM-133 (in the UK)), firmware 4.0726.2.0.1. I've got TT Nav6 loaded on a 2Gig card, it pairs ok with either of my BT-77 receiver's. It will then install right up to showing the Blue graphic of an approximate home location (about 2 miles away). I then get in the bottom left screen box 'connecting to a GPS device....'. That's it, as said I've tried both my GPS receiver's (both receiver's work fully with my old Nokia 6600 and my Axim X51v, both running TT Nav5). Got a feeling it's a firmware issue - any help would be appreciated........Thanks