View Single Post

Old 31-05-2005, 12:10 PM

darkshines6630 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta
Ok I got my 6630 last Friday and want to get it unlocked from Three so I can use my Voda sim in it as well.....
From doing some research it looks as if currently there is no way to remote unlock the phone.
However the newer versions of the JAB box (ie a bit of kit phoneshops use to unlock and flash) DOES unlock the Nokia 6630. Thus the cable method is available.
Its an update so I am not sure how many places have the new kit but some should pretty soon.
I went into my local Nokia Shop (ie they do Nokia repairs etc as well as selling Three phones) and he was pretty reluctant to do it and said that if Three find out they can loose their license or something. Not totally sure if he was right but I do know that there is a way to do it its just finding a place that will!
I phoned up '3' today, to find out about the availability of an unlock code for my N6680 and they said that I needed to go to the carphone warehouse. I asked if this would cause any problems to the carphone warehouse re their licence and they said no not at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!