View Single Post

Old 20-09-2006, 12:15 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Palm devices work on a natural basis if you are use to them (and the same can be said for S60). Give either to a novice user and they will pick up and be able to use S60 much more quickly.

As for the keyboard - again its what your use to. Nokia has a lot of testing hours in this sort of thing. I would imagine the reason would be that the most commonly used punctutation is on the keys you mention... Actually the function accessed characters are the same as those on the the number row of a full sized keyboard. Quite logical if you think about it.

What can I do faster? I can't do direct comparison, but generally any major function is faster for me (but that may be because I'm used to it). Numbers - start dailing, specific contact, contacts softkey, type name or portion, hit call key etc etc.

As I say it varies from person to person and I think its dangerous to say one thing is better than the other. What I would say is that S60 is easier for a complete novice.

Personally the thing that would stop me using a Treo more than anything else is the voice quality in phone calls.