View Single Post

Old 25-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

@kmmbd

"Okay, no hard feelings, but I sincerely believe you hardly know how to use symbian; since I do all those on my severely outdated 5320 (not 5230!), and a lot more for years! I can run various python scripts on my phone thus significantly increasing the productivity, and this is something no other platform out there can offer. Yes, symbian's got an outdated browser, it's got a lousy interface; but that's a very low price to pay for the functionality it offers. And re 'people who buys cheap smartphones can barely exploit its potential' - that's not entirely true. I bought my phone for a mere 120, and I believe I exploited its potential more than many n97 users ever could out of their flagship phone. At the end of the day, its not the phone that limits its usage, its the user who decides its limits. "

It's quite presumptuous of you to assume I do not know how to get the best out of my N97.
Here is a quick and brief timeline of my phone ownership;
Nokia 2110, Nokia 8110, Nokia 8810, Nokia 8850, Nokia 8910i, Nokia 9500, Nokia E90 and finally the N97 which out of all my Nokia handsets was the most infuriating piece of crap I've ever had the displeasure of owning.

When I made the jump to Android, it was a breath of fresh air. I felt free for the first time and could do what I wanted/needed to do with a "smart" phone.

I have to say, my experience is limited to me and my technical requirements and they may not be the same for you. However, assuming the user is at fault for not being able to use a POS phone like the N97 is just plain wrong.