View Single Post

Old 26-09-2008, 05:36 PM

buxz777 is on a distinguished road
garmin mobile v5 bugs

hi everyone there are several bugs in v5 of garmin mobile xt i have reported the ones i know of to the support team , they forwarded an email to the technical team while i was on the phone ,

i think everyone who has garmin mobile and has problems with it should ring them up on the freephone number or email them please use this link to get the contact support page

http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/sit...supportcontact

the bug i have is it wont handle my custom poi file with my poi file it will have a major lag of 4-5 seconds on the screen ive tryed evrything 2d maps 3d maps all zoom levels un installin , installing , formatting memory card seriously i spent hours on this including all the testing , my poi file was 7mb in size and i had major slow down , the poi was not displayed on the screen i had them off in options , when i deleted my poi file from within the poi folder , garmin worked smoothly , with the poi file there i get a huge 4-5 second lag , imagine if you are doing 70mph in that 5 seconds you would have covered quite a few meters so its very noticeable and makes it unuseable to me

i have gone back to v4.20 as it handles the 7mb poi file no problems whatsoever

there is also another bug with the routing options in the menu , when you slect shortest route and exit the menu when you go back it says select end point , to actually get shortest route you have to select the 1st option hysomething then when you exit the menu and look it comes up shortest route , weird ,

another user has reported a route he has taken with many garmin versions , tells him to carry on going straight on the map screen even though the voice and arrow directions both say turn left in 30 meters?????

please spend 2 mins if you use garmin and get in touch with them the more people that do the more urgent it will be treated