View Single Post

Old 22-07-2010, 10:51 AM

yostein is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Succesful use of solution (test 1) on my P990i

Hi! Some years since this thread was active, but I wanted to report my successful use of the solution presented here today (22 JULY 2010).

I have had the exact same problem with the predecessor to P1i, the P990i for some months now.(Did not receive any messages without restarting the phone). I have been using an old phone for calling and messaging and have searched the Internet several times for a solution. I have only found people reporting similar problems on different phones - until today when I found this thread.

I tried the test procedure suggested by draqla and after performing TEST 1 the problem was solved! (Deleted all messages in the Inbox except one and restarted. I had over 1400 messages in the Inbox, but have had more before without problems) Now I receive SMS straight away as normal.

Thanks a lot to edvard1913 and draqla for the solution ! This has prolonged the life of my P990i which (except for the reported problem) still is functioning just fine, almost 4 years of rough treatment after buying it...