View Single Post

Old 23-04-2003, 08:53 PM

MemphisX is on a distinguished road
Re: hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEFOX
BTW!..

i use 21" monitor at 1280 x 1024 at 32 bits color (85hz. Refresh rate)
with GForce 4 Ti4600 ... (some times i use 1600 x 1200 or 2048 x 1536 depending on the size of the images that i am working with)

The video chip set is as important as the monitor to get a good image quality on your monitor, you can buy a huge expensive monitor but you can see crap blury shit if you don't have a good quality video chip set (Good Video Card).

I am working on Computer Graphics since 1985 (yep! watching monitors), may be that's why it's easy for me to notice the difference... sorry if nobody see this obvius difference.

Anyway... i leave this topic, it's abdurd to disscus something like this here, this is not a PC forum...

cya! 8)

No the video card is not so much a problem nowadays. Even with my old S3 ViRGE The quality was the same to my eyes. On new Video cards depends on the gamma you have set. And even if it was a problem then Matrox has the best quality(but you need special tools to measure the quality)...

The monitor on the other side can be also too little of importance. I use a very old and cheap 14' monitor (Likom if you know the company). And I can see the difference (with a Geforce 2 MX400 video card). But if you have an LCD monitor, then yes you will hardly see the difference (not to mention that the majority of LCD monitors can only support up to 18bit compared to 24bit color of the photos). The difference is too little to notice. After all if you want better pictures then buy a digital camera...

Not everyone is meant to make a difference.
But for me the choice to live an ordinary life is no longer an option.

If there was no GOD it would be neccessary to invent him.