View Single Post

Old 13-12-2006, 08:43 PM

N/A is on a distinguished road
I also know how to find stuff on the Internet and sign up for beta programs, etc.; I've been on the Internet since the mid-80's (when it wasn't even called the Internet), and on the web since the early 90's with the very first Mosaic browser versions, and among the very first users of the very first Internet search engines.

I've also been in the software business for more than 20 years, so I know exactly how software is made, marketed, sold and supported, and how developers make or do not make money.

And not a single software business plan or business case I've read/seen or done myself has ever added any "padding" to the software prices because of software piracy anticipation. Many have, however, had added costs and complexity due to various more or less successful countermeasures.

I also know that few phone application developers run public beta programs and that companies generally do not take on just anybody from the Internet that sends them email or knocks on their door and wants to be a beta tester.

And I honestly don't care the slightest which apps you find and use, but I just want to clear your - and anybody else's - delusion that all of the apps that you have found on the Internet are actually free or legal, even if you got them without paying for them.

And, personally, if a developer does not offer a free trial of their app, then I won't try or buy it, nor will I search for a crack and use it (for "trial" purposes or otherwise).

Do we have the pleasure to expect a final final final final final post from you? Or is there perhaps even a final final final final final final one already brewing in the back of your mind?

Last edited by N/A; 13-12-2006 at 08:52 PM.