View Single Post

Old 23-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
shago - what I meant by the form factor comment was in reference to the clamshell design. Yes the M600 is smaller but its a different type of device (compare it with the E61i). The clamshell form factor is about the only one you can sit on a desk / knee etc and type on effectively. Everything else is in the hand. For longer data entry sessions having the phone sit on the desk makes a lot of sense.

In effect the E61i is the device you describe, but in changing it you lose some of the unique attributes of the E90. I do think Nokia could look at some other form factors (e.g. a slide out keyboard as on the HTC Vox), but they would be additions to the range not a replacement.

But yes I agree its not for everyone. A lot of people would do fine with the M600 or E61 or any number of Windows Mobile tumboard devices.