View Single Post

Old 11-02-2009, 12:20 AM

skagen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoska View Post
When you say only $20, you should mention it's $20 for the first year, and $13 yearly after that. I don't think it's very nice of them to not be clear that the license is only for one year.
I was very dissapointed to see this crucial point not made in the review. Its not "only" 20 bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsfrwll View Post
But then, as most people only keep their phone for a year and licenses are generally tied to imea numbers, is this really an issue? (in the uk anyway)
The tying of licencies to IMEI numbers is merely a way of ripping you off. Nor should it have anything to do with forcing you to annual dealsl And even then not everyone does it. I have bought programs from Lumisoft several years and another phone ago, that is still use on my current phone. They are decent enough to simply update the thing for you if you email them. There are other software I own that I have used for similarly long times.

As for how long you keep the phone, this too is irrelevant. People should not be milked like this. Nor is keeping a phone a long time a sin.