View Single Post

Old 28-12-2008, 06:11 AM

bchliu is on a distinguished road
Nokia Software Updater 1.4.85en - Allows you to reinstall firmware again (debranding)

I just thought I might update my 18 month old N95 to V30 (Hong Kong Product code) before the V31 strikes and I cannot HelloCarbide my phone anymore..

Something very interesting that I have noticed is that apparently the latest firmware for this is V21 (which I am on) - but its only a couple of months ago that I put V30 for someone on this same Product code (0536084 - generic HK plum). The most interesting part of it is that I am now able to "reinstall" the firmware back to my original version(V21) again - meaning it is possible once again to debrand /change region without waiting for the next update.

Whats more is that I have checked on the Nokia software update site for any new firmwares and that entering different product codes will only produce a maximum version of V30 only (even the Euro-1 Plum/sand code only does this).

Its a good sign for all of those out there that want to be on V30 (modifiable and or region change) and not move to the restrictive V31. This IS the latest version of NSU (I was forced to download it just then before it will start).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NSU1.4.85en.JPG
Views:	1766
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	4350